Sooo Armageddon comes....

by MsGrowingGirl20 59 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

"--i know that my thinking needs adjusting in some areas." - now, you just stop using Witness catch-phrases!

MSG20, Forums like this can be very difficult to negotiate first off. Because we can't see facial expressions, tone of voice or all the other nuances, we tend to imagine those qualities when we read your words.

If we imagine someone we don't like, speaking your words, you will get a terse / bad/ angry response.

All the best, I think you're going to be O.K.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

MsGrowinggirl... My heart goes out to you. I remember feeling as you possibly do soon after I was disfellowshipped. I didn't leave, I was forced out, and it wasn't just and fair so it destroyed my trust, meaning that I could/would never go back. It took me a long time to even look at websites that were anti JW never mind post on them. I researched a great deal and what I learned broke my heart. For any of us to simply tell you that the Watchtower Society uses cult tactics won't suffice for you. You have to find that out for yourself, and it's not an easy ride.

Many on here who have left have become atheists, and I respect their decisions. I left judging behind in the K hall. As for me I still have a relationship with my god. I believe that the Watchtower misrepresented him completely based on the facts that I've gained. I have no doubts about that.

Take your time sweetheart, read and research as much as you can/want to and meanwhile if you still believe in him pray to an almighty god to guide and help you. Don't panic, a loving god isn't out to destroy anyone half decent.

To answer your original question, I believe in his loving justice so that means he won't destroy all the JWs trapped and misguided in that society. As for me personally, I can only be true to who I am, be as honest and fair and kind as I can be in my daily life and trust that according to what Jesus said, that will be the basis for the judging of me.

This however, is simply an overview of my beliefs and opinions. Sadly, hard as it is, you have to work out your own, outside of that rigid organisation that tells you what to think and believe.

Take care and take heart ...you are on the way to freedom...just as you should be.

Loz x

• rebel8
    rebel8

If god/s/ess/esses make him/her/themselves known to me one day, and god is moral, he will find himself happy with me. I've used his gifts and enjoyed them well. My life--I've made the most of it. My brain--I get lots of use out of it. Also, I've lived a moral life. (If there is no god, I'm still on the right track.)

Then he'll take a look at the dubs. They wasted and scorned his gift of life--they say it's not something to enjoy but instead do the opposite by living a life of deprivation, monotony, useless activities and joyless. Their brains--they say you shouldn't think for yourself or think too hard--even education is bad. Also, they do not live moral lives--they hate outsiders and look forward to their demise.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    DO YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU'RE IN A BETTER POSITION WITH GOD THAN YOU WERE AS A WITNESS???

Yes, because I do not condone or cover up child abuse and domestic vioence for the sake of a multi-billion dollar business saving face.

• Notreadytorun
    Notreadytorun

My personal feelings on the subject....

Nope, wicked people are the only ones to be destroyed, that doesn't include sincere people Of ANY religion doing their best to be "good". The bible says god is love, iit seems reasonable to me that he wouldn't destroy anyone without very good reason. And if he did, we aren't going to know about it.... What matters it what we r doing right now to make our lives and the lives of others "worth it"

• just Ron
    just Ron

Mathew24:11-16 , Daniel 11:31-33 My take is when you see religious leaders that are no longer following the truth that Jesus said you should get out.

• Notreadytorun
    Notreadytorun

Ms growing girl,

• Notreadytorun
    Notreadytorun

Follow your BIBLE Trained conscience, not wt trained.... It eventually stops being so hard and one day u will just feel free and content and dare I say it.... Truly happy?

• smiddy
    smiddy

From your first post,what only a month ago ? to where you are now ? I take my hat off to you girl,your real life has just begun.

take care

smiddy

• flipper
    flipper

MSGROWINGGIRL- Good morning ! Hope you are doing O.K. In answer to your question YES ! I am doing better after exiting the Witnesses because I don't fear an imaginary " Armageddon " anymore. There is no such thing. As Leaving WT said it's used to put fear into people in order to control their lives. I am an agnostic , I'm not saying there IS a God, I'm not saying there ISN'T a God. But IF there is a god I'd say he looks upon me with more approval than many of my smug self righteous Jehovah's Witness relatives who berate my inactive family members just for not attending meetings and shun them as if they are DFed.

What I'm telling you is that YOU and ME are approved if we know in our heart we are good people. If there IS a God, yes, I feel I'm approved. If there IS NOT a God, yes also, I feel I'm approved within myself because I AM my ( small 'g 'god ) who I have to answer to every day. In order to live with yourself in happiness you have to have a good conscience and this I definitely have. I'm a humanist who believes in answering to myself and taking responsibility for my decisions , yet at the same time treating my family, friends, and fellow humans with dignity and respect if they so deserve it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit