When will they merge the BS, TMS, WTS, T into one meeting ?

by mP 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hoser
    hoser

no one went to the book studies. No one does family worship night.

I think they need to keep the drones involved in busy work otherwise they'll wake up.

they won't drop the mid week meeting anytime soon even though I notice not too many people attend anymore

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I wish they would get rid of the mid-week meeting. It's a pain in the ass to attend, and I mean a pain of epic proportions, it's like intellectual and emotional sodomy with inflamed hemorroids to attend the mid-week meeting anymore, especially when you're tired as hell from work or other things you've got going on. I don't want to sit somewhere going over a bunch of repetative crap that I've heard for the past 30 years on a Thursday night. The worst is when the COBOE request another impromptu elder meeting afterwards and I'm like, "man WTF?!?!?!? "

The thing to me is, field service is a waste of time and if that cocksucker DJEggnog, Standfirm, or any of the WT monitors are reading this, WE ARE ACCOMPLISHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OUT IN FIELD SERVICE!!!!!!! NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! That being said, why even have a Service Meeting or a Theocratic Ministry School? It's a waste of time. The so called education provided during those retarded ass meetings is the equivalent of teaching fully paralyzed people how to perform a fadeaway jump shot. It ain't happening, bruh!!!!!!!!

With all that said, why not simply include the Bible Highlights, maybe a shortened version of the Congregation Bible Study along with the typical Sunday Meeting program? Hell, you can occasionally even have an oral review ever so often on Sunday. Regardless, where it stands now is completely and utterly asinine. It's almost as if the captains of the WT's ship are in denial or something. They're trying to create magic within the average KH that simply isn't possible.

• smiddy
    smiddy

The 5 weekly meetings were designed to keep the jw`s actively involved with WT teachings,so they would have little time left to engage in other non witness activities,keep them occupied with kingdom interests so they wont get distracted from the truth.And make sure their free time is engaged in door to door activity as much as possible,ensuring they cant deviate from our truths that we present to this doomed world.

They will find another way to strangle their victims

smiddy

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Too many old friends dropping from Chronic tiredness. I think Nathan Knorr was nuts 3 MEETINGS a week for families with kids and jobs???????

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

it cant be long before the whole thing is condensed into 1 weekly meeting , fuel prices in the UK have hit £1.40 a litre, if families have to do a fair few miles to drive to meetings and FS then clearly the UK midweek meeting attendance's are suffering, its getting to the stage for poor families now that if they own and run a car they simply cant afford to fill it up.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

What about a big merger into a no-meeting ?

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I can see them merging the WT into the mid week marathon and studying the WT insted of the current parade of paperback comics.

Then 1 kingdom hall could serve 5 congos who could all have their public talk on Sunday...

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I agree with Finally Free - when the book study was eliminated the COBOE had our Tuesday night meeting pushed to Wednesday because he felt that there were too many days in a row without a meeting...Some of the other elders didn't agree but they went along anyways. I was serving as a MS and I told him that with a Tuesday meeting and no book study on Thursday was perfect for me because I could now travel for business without missing any meetings...but if they moved the meeting on Wednesday, I would miss many meetings...he said that this was their decision and it was up to me to arrange my schedule to be at the meeting. So I asked about the "poor brothers" who had their meeting on Tuesday or Thursday how would they survive having so many days in a week without a meeting? I started missing most Wednesday night meetings, asked to be removed as a MS and faded completely out of the "truth".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit