When will they merge the BS, TMS, WTS, T into one meeting ?

by mP 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mP
    mP

It seems to me with all the times being cut from talks, you could save further time and simply smash all the meetings into one on the weekend. This would also save the need for those extra kingdom hall songs, and one trip to the KH. With all these savings, JWs could easily double their ministry.

• N.drew
    N.drew

BS - Book Study

TMS - Theocratic Ministry School

WTS - Watch Tower Study or WS - Watchtower Study

T - Talk or TT - The Talk

Haha!

(that's just because some people come here who are not/were not JWs) I'm helping. Instead of doing dishes.

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

If they did, they'd lose more control. Less demands on your time means more time for other pursuits--just think how many parts they've had about the family worship night, trying to beat it into people's heads that it's not supposed to be free time. Remember, good mind control needs repetition and a monopoly on your time. Going a whole week between meetings would give too many the chance to snap out of it.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I think its coming

• finally awake
    finally awake

I am actually surprised that they combined the book study into the school and service meeting. Like I Want to Believe said, the longer the gap between meetings, the more likely people are to wake up.

• mP
    mP

They could just have meetings over the internet every other night, perhaps a bible reading or something just to keep followers in check.

• TOTH
    TOTH

I'm surprised they cancelled the bs night. In my view the wt wants to monopolize ALL of the jw's time. Meetings, service, assemblies, conventions. I know I had to schedule EVERYTHING around their stupid shit for a lot of years. If I wanted to go fishing or camping, a bunch of people would insist on going se we could do the wt at least on Sunday. I got to where I never said when I was doing ANYTHING non wt related so as not to be criticized for it. Too bad the wt isn't a living breathing person so i could call him an ASSHOLE.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Mind control needs repetition, repetition, repetition. A couple of hours a week doesn't seem like enough time for cult mentality unless some do a lot of 'personal study' over and over.

• mP
    mP

@gayle

sure your commentary is standard procedure for brainwashing, but the wts is doing the opposite merging meetings, reducing time etc. they appear to be doing exactly the wrong thing given the modus operandi mentioned.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I suggested this, in fun, when I was an active Dub, merge all the meetings in to one. I also suggested they could put all the D C on a DVD and save us that expense and boredom.

I don't think they will go down to one per week, because as has been mentioned, the control is lost, plus miss one meeting and it would be a fortnight gone, miss the next and it would then be so easy to not go again.

The best thing they could do would be to inject some life in to the Meetings, maybe have a set of stocks there, and if you've been a bit naughty the bros get to hurl rotten veg at you, or something similar. If they carry on with the same old turgid format and material they will lose members hand over fist as they die from boredom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit