what's this bull****?

by cellomould 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker
    Seeker

"Liberal elite"? That's propaganda talk.

Liberals and Conservatives in the U.S. are both conservative, just varying in degree. No true liberal voice gets heard in mainstream America. However, certain far right types push propaganda stating otherwise.

However, all politicans on the national level are irrelevant other than the damage they are doing to Americans. Corporate interests with deep-pocketed public relations firms are in charge now, and all this Liberal vs. Conservative arguing just suits their purposes nicely. Go ahead, keep on fighting. Won't do a bit of good other than to distract you.

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Ring...It is fine if you do not share my views. I think that it is wrong what the president is doing and congress. I think there are better ways to get fuel for country than destorying the alaskan wildlife. I have read both sides of the issue. And I still think that they do not have any justification for going into alaska. I wish you would have not assumed because I have a more liberal view that I only know one side of the issue or that I do not care about people. But ultimately if we keep destroying the environment where will the people go?

DR...I am sorry you think I am an elitist. I do care about the environment, but like you said it is about balance. I am not going to get rid of everything. I do car pool to school and I recycle and I have supported other environmental causes. I even wrote a grant to get a wetlands area in my city cleaned up. So I feel I have done things that show I do care about the environment. But I too believe that we still need jobs and some of the things we have. So do not tell me I am some liberal elitist. Stop taking everything so personally....
    You stuff about mind control, I hate to tell you but both liberals and conservatives try to pull that crap. That is why I usually stay out of politics. I think you just need to take a chill pill....Do not get so stressed out, it is bad for ya! And the exagerations are a bit much as well. I may be a liberal but at least I am realistic in my arguements....

• cellomould
    cellomould
    Eliminate all corporate taxes and income taxes and establish a federal sales tax.

Very interesting idea!

Thanks for the discussion everyone.

cellomould

"In other words, your God is the warden of a prison where the only prisoner is your God." Jose Saramago, The Gospel According to Jesus Christ

• ring
    ring
    I wish you would have not assumed because I have a
    more liberal view that I only know one side of the issue

ww77,
    I should not have assumed, for that I am sorry.
    I would love to debate your views with you sometime

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Ring...that would be fabulous...:)

• larc
    larc

WonderWoman,

Guess what? We have already drilled in Alaska, and have the Alaskan pipeline. Perhaps, you have heard of it. We were very careful, and this project did not damage the environment. As a result of this project, people in Alaska do not pay a state sales tax. Each year every person, including children, get a check for about a thousand dollars, from the oil revenue. I really don't see anything wrong with this picture.

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

larc,

I am aware of the alaskan pipeline, but this new proposed drilling also involves dumping of waste....read up buddy boy...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit