SAVE ROE NOW!!!

by Valentine 135 Replies latest jw friends

• Valentine
    Valentine

Dear Friends of Reproductive Freedom,

George W Bush and his right-wings friends are quietly pursuing their domestic agenda while the nations attention is focused on international terrorism.

Bush's attacks on women's reproductive freedom continue.
    Examples;
    1. On his first day in the Oval Office,Bush re-instated the global gag rule,which takes family planning funds from organizations that even mention the option of abortion to their patients,risking womens lives overseas.
    2. Bush has promised to re-visit the Food and Drug Administration's approval of RU-486.And anti-abortion forces in Congress have already introduced a bill to limit it's availability.
    3. With the expected retirement of 3 Supreme Court Justices ,including Sandra Day O'Connor,who is often the critical swing vote on abortion rights issue,Bush has made it clear that he will nominate the most adamant opponents of abortion and civil rights.

The Bush administration is committed to strategies that limit life saving stem cell research,criminalize abortion providers,reduce the availability of birth control and deny funding of health reproduction education in the schools.

What better way to take on the Christian Coalition and ultra-right leaders and movements,than to use your voice to speak up now!!

The violent attacks on clinics,volunteers and health-care workers continues.Every month clinics are subject to firebombs .have been the recipients of anthrax scares,etc.An average of 12 violent attacks have occurred each month since 1992-yet most people are unaware of this terrorism because it receives so little media attention.

Ashcroft and other officials are questioning a program developed by the CDC that help parents talk to their children about sex.Why? because it includes info in contraception and disease prevention. Bush and his appointees have refused every state request to use their own medicaid funding to expand family planning services to poor women.

Those chipping away at Roe have attacked and limited the rights of young women,the poor,zeroed in on women in the military(and the wives and daughters of men in the military) women employed by federal govt,native American women on tribal lands,women in prison,rural women,women overseas,women with catastrophic preganancies,disabled women on medicare.......will your rights be blocked next????

For more on this please visit- http://www.now.org/nnt/spring-2002/roeanniversary.html

Thanks for your attention. Stand up!! use your voice-Activism is NOT dead! Tina who will be out there!

Todays Affirmation:
    The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working.

• think41self
    think41self

Thanks for heads up Tina.

How YOU doin' sweetie?

think41self

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself!

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

A realted story showing how the Bush administration's policies are affecting Africa: http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/africa/newsid_1837000/1837283.stm

Expatbrit

• Valentine
    Valentine

((((spanky))))))) HI1 I'm fine,thanks for asking:> Hope this finds all well in your world too!

((((expat)))))))) Thank you for that link. And the overseas impact Bush's idiocy is creating. luv to both! T

Todays Affirmation:
    The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working.

• jiutman
    jiutman

you know, A man and a woman are responsible for a pregnancy. If both man and woman were responsible then we would have no need for abortions. I support limiting ROE. Abortion on demand is and irresponsible act taken by irresponsible men and women who act irresponsibly. It takes a lot for a politician in todays time to make a moral stand the way W is. Clinton sure couldn't make a moral stand unless the poles supported him doing it. Any stand against abortion in todays media climat is sure to have a swift rebuttal from pro-abortionist. If a man and a woman dont want a pregnancy, then find something else to do for entertainment or take the correct precautions. An innocent life shouldnt be the sacrifice for 2 people being irresponsible. I want you to note that i believe the man and the woman are to blame. I am not woman-bashing.

• Valentine
    Valentine

juitman,
    This is not about assigning blame to any party.
    This is about the freedom to choose,and the right for that person to be their own moral arbiter and decision maker. This is NOt about forcing our personal definitions of 'entertainment' as you appallingly put it,nor is it about judging what somebody's personal and private decision should be. Tina

Todays Affirmation:

• jiutman
    jiutman

If its a private decision why are my tax dollars paying for it. ROE is law. If dr.'s want to offer that as a service thats their decision but your argument in the first email was that bush took away funds from pro-abortion organizations. GOOD! why am i paying for it?? why should you pay for something that is private for a person. You are upset because he took tax dollars away. You can pay for peoples irresponsible behavior if you want to. I dont want to. J

• Prisca
    Prisca
    SAVE ROE NOW!!

roe
    // noun 1. the mass of eggs, or spawn, within the ovarian membrane of the female fish (hard roe). 2. the milt or sperm of the male fish (soft roe). [Middle English]
    (from the Macquarie Dictionary)

Did anyone else see the irony in the subject heading of this thread?

• jiutman
    jiutman

Prisca, Funny

• Valentine
    Valentine

juit,
    Thank you for your input. Your wanting to argue this shows me that the very introduction to this issue escaped you.
    Re-read it,it says "Dear Friends of Reproductive Freedom......." with this being noted,I will not get into an arguement.This was directed for those who are like-minded on this issue.

duhhhhhh prisca,Americans know this as the historical case of Roe Vs Wade............thye would recognize what this "Roe" was and that there's nothing humorous about it.

Todays Affirmation:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit