Reasoning from the scriptures, is there a plan to release a new version?

by insearchoftruth 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

I hope not. I'd have to get my NWT rebound.

(I have the Reasoning book bound into my Bible at the end. It's one of the few JW books I kept. It's like the JW version of the Book of Mormon... separate yet equal)

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

the one concern about going pretty much all electronic is I still think a lot of the money is 'made' because in essence the WTS is a multilevel marketing publishing company. If there is no need to pick up paper copies of WTs and Awakes and provide a 'suggested donation' at the KH, and then hopefully collect some additional money from the people while in FS, a source of income will dry up, unless they have a guest and member sites on the internet and maybe make some $$ there.

The WTS seems to be making most of its money at least in the US on real estate these days, I guess the paper goods will have to continue for the global south where internet access is still not a given.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Someone commented on one of my youtube videos that they are seeking to rid KH libraries of bound books and only want computers with WT library.
    Has onyone else heard this?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

It wouldn't surprise me. It's all about control and they have lost control of who has access to hard copies of old literature. They don't want their flip-flops and failed prophecies accessible to any-one.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Imagine a congregation WT study with everyone on their Kindle.

Silly old Ludites like me still trying to underline and licking my finger to turn the page!

George

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

If they dumb it down any more it will come already underlined. Any deviation from what has been underlined would be the sign of some-one doing some independant thinking.

• blondie
    blondie

Just remember, while the US, Canada, UK, etc., are computer savvy and have the funds to maintain such a library, other countries individuals don't have the same local and individual base. Even here in the city I live in, individual jws and congregations are in the dark ages due to a fear of the internet, computers.

• hotspur
    hotspur

It's The Truthâ„¢ - nothing should need to change! Yeah, right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit