Okay...What's up with this?

by TD 30 Replies latest members private

• TD
    TD

Thank you all again!

SBC

00Dad and JeffT, I think TD is just an "unbelieving mate".

Yes. A UBM. The lowest of the low in JW-dum

Do you ever try to reason with her or is that off limits? Just curious if this fracture is the result of her own independent thinking.

We've discussed things we don't agree upon before, but it's really counterproductive in a marriage to harp on that stuff. (IMHO) This came entirely out of the blue.

• talesin
    talesin

We've discussed things we don't agree upon before, but it's really counterproductive in a marriage to harp on that stuff. (IMHO)

... and do you have a brother? ie,, where does one find husbands who feel this way?

t

• TD
    TD

Awww, Tal. What a nice thing to say. Maybe it's because my wife is taller than Mrs. Jones and is pretty comfortable with a .357?

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I finally got my husband to put Lights up all over the house this Year ,IT WAS AWESOME !!!! Funny thing is that he ended up being more excited than me before it was all done .

I started small the first year putting a few white lights around the porch railing ....then a few lighted deer in the yard .....after four yrs of being inactive this is what brought the Elders by for a visit . My husband just told them I like lights ,hahaha, now we don't care ,and we go all out .

In your case she can always fall back ,and use you as a scapegoat if any JW complains ...."Oh, but my husband isn't a witness, and as the head of the house he chooses to put up lights " , even though it is her ...she really has it pretty good !

Have fun and enjoy TD, sounds like she will eventually come around .

• talesin
    talesin

LOL @ TD,,, you're welcome!

• TD
    TD

A small update.

She was recently asked to go to a one day assembly by a family member and replied, "I've got better things to do."

This dates us a bit, but as a teenager she was absolutely, positively forbidden to watch the 1960's era gothic soap opera, 'Dark Shadows' She found a series of DVD collections recently and has been indulging that pleasure without guilt. --Kind of corny if you ask me, but we certainly don't have demonz galloping up and down the hallways at night because of it.

She's making noises about taking dance lessons together, and I'm absolutely, positively going to jump all over that. St. Matthew attributes the following words to Jesus:

"When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest and findeth none. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwelleth there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first."

I don't have much use for the supernatural, but there might be at least a metaphorical sliver of truth there. She needs something right now to fill the void.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

So glad to hear, TD. So glad to hear.

Marvin Shilmer

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Congrats! What you have happening right now is what so many of us wish would happen

• tec
    tec

Awesome.

And you're right. Definitely take advantage of anything she wants to do with you instead. (I never thought of that passage that way, btw... interesting)

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit