Okay...What's up with this?

by TD 30 Replies latest members private

• TD
    TD

Thanks everyone

I've floated the idea of doing chili lights before. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/204458/1/Question-on-Christmas-Lights

They're the same idea, but they have nothing to do with the Christmas celebration. (The concatenation between electric lights and Paganism has always seemed a little weak to me, but I'm assuming the JW objection is to the actual Christmas celebration and not to electric lights per se.)

Anyhow, I asked her if that's what she had in mind and she said, "I like the icicles too." --So be it. I aim to please!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Perhaps she is doing what is known in the biz as a Trial Balloon to test your reaction.

I've known a few couples that have come out together and invariably they both had doubts for quite some time but felt prohibited from expressing them even to their spouse.

Sad how the thing that is supposed to UNITE people actually ends up DIVIDING them, even in the most intimate of relationships!

00DAD

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

TD Strikes Gold..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

well deck the halls!!!!!! whoot whoot

• JeffT
    JeffT

What 00DAD said. In the spring of 1988 my wife accidently discovered that both of us were reading CofC on the sly. For a year or so we'd been dancing around the fact that neither of us wanted to go to meetings or out in field circus.

Find a polite, non confrontational way to continue the conversation. I suspect something will jump out at you.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There's some time between now and then. A significant amount of time. I know it's hard to be cool duting situations like this. Don't be surprised if she changes her mind several times before the end of the year. I guess there's hope in someones marraige

• talesin
    talesin

So be it. I aim to please!

This sounds like GOOD NEWS. And you deserve it! Sending positive non-JW energy to your missus!

t

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Lucky man!

What 00DAD said. In the spring of 1988 my wife accidently discovered that both of us were reading CofC on the sly.

Back in 99, my father decided he wanted out, so he called his father who told him "Great, I want out too!" Then he called me and I told him "Great, I want out too!"

They all got out except for me. I was in another 7 tough years because of my wife.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

00Dad and JeffT, I think TD is just an "unbelieving mate".

TD, that sounds like great news to me. Do you ever try to reason with her or is that off limits? Just curious if this fracture is the result of her own independent thinking.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

TD: This sounds positive. I'm happy for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit