Phone call from the local JWs this evening...

by Jim_TX 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

As a wise man once told me, you can't pour something into a cup that's already full of something else.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

You did well Jim, do not put yourself down.

Her attitude was pretty much one of 'I've got my religion, and I'm happy being ignorant about any other religions or teachings that are out there.'

Yes, it is strange that they cannot see that their own attitude is exactly the same as those whom they meet in the Ministry and say things like that. They are happy, in a religion and lifestyle that suits them - what has truth got to do with it?

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Great job Jim!

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

She said she believed the Dead Sea Scrolls were part of the original writings of the Bible? Than I wonder how many times she read the Book of Enoch...

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Just tell 'em you're part of the Overlapping Generation tm and so you're definitely good to go!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Tell them you really, really, really want to be obedient to "The Faithful and Discreet Slave" but you don't how to do that since the Governing Body recently admitted that even THEY don't know who they are!?!?!? - Matthew 24:45

"We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know. The Governing Body does not keep a list of all partakers, for it does not maintain a global network of anointed ones." - Question From Readers, w2011 8/15 p. 22 - Emphasis added

• Quandry
    Quandry

Ha! I think you did very well.....you probably made the man very sorry he was taking part in phone witnessing, and I'll bet he doesn't do it again!

The woman, well-perhaps she'd never heard Charles Russell and pyramid in the same sentence. Just maybe she'll look that up.

At the least, you probably made them sweat a bit....they thought they'd call some person who knew nothing about the JWs and just tell them that there will be a paradise sooooon, blah blah.

Just too bad you couldn't see the looks on their faces. They got more than they bargained for. Ha ha ha ha again

• Diest
    Diest

You did well Jim, but I would like you to work on point 32b using emphatic gestures. Overall you did the best you could hope, plant some seeds of doubt in the mind of someone who didnt seem to have any there before.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

ask if you can call them back then give the number to someone on JWD to return the call next time.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "...I would like you to work on point 32b using emphatic gestures."

Crap! Getting a 'W' on my presentation. I guess that means that I have to do another presentation until I get a 'G'. (Okay... now that probably dates me a bit... I doubt that they use those kinds of 'gradings' anymore.)

"ask if you can call them back then give the number to someone on JWD to return the call next time."

Now there's a great idea! I like that! I'll keep that in mind for next time - if there is a next time. (I have a feeling that they placed a 'do not call - deemunz' next to my phone number.)

Thanks guys,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit