The Last Days and the Bible's Responsibility to Prove Itself

by freshcrepes 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

MEMYSELFANDI: You dont know me, you dont my heart, you dont own my soul. So before you reply with some condemnation and viterol, please dont waste your time it will fall on very deaf ears.

I understand your initial reaction, but the Bible prophesied all of this. This is a shock to me too. So before you judge this, make sure you clearly understand the Bible's teachings about the Christ.

Now you are so condemnatory of what I present, but you need to be able to explain these Biblical references, if not then you're reaction is not based on the Bible.

1. The first wave offering is without leaven. The barley is used to make uneleavened bread to represent Christ's sinless body at the first coming. But the second wave offering at Pentecost, which is representative of Christ's body at the second coming is different. It is with leaven, meaning with sin. That simply means when Christ becomes the "son of man" he must come through one of Adam's descendants. The first time was through Mary. The second time, not having to be perfect, and perhaps to understand how it truly feels to be in an imperfect body, Christ becomes flesh again via the agency of one of his followers who happens to be the prodigal son. So if you have a scenario where you're expecting the perfect glorious Christ of the first coming, then you are not expecting the true Christ.

Now, I don't have to have you personally accept me as that person, but if you get the above wrong then I will gladly label you as a false prophet. Rejecting me is one thing. I'm meant to be rejected by the non-elect. But if you come to an accurate knowledge of the truth about the second coming, as I have pointed out, and you reject that, then you will be condemned for rejecting God's word.

Sp clearly you don't know the details of what the Bible truly teaches so I'm not concerned if you reject me. Those "wise virgins" who know scripture will recognize the true messiah in time to get into the kingdom.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback. I'm sure you reflect a large demographic of those who only have a superficial understanding of the second coming.

LS

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Larsinger58, thankyou for taking the time for such a detailed response. Unfortunatley I found it completely impenetrable. Would you mind answering this question - Which single scripture or chapter in the Bible could NOT have been written without divine inspiration?

All of the Book of Esther, all of the book of Ecclesiates and all of the book of Song of Solomon. Those three books are not inspired.

LS

• Me Myself and I
    Me Myself and I

I think its appropriate that your avatar has a large penis in the middle of its head.

You are not Jesus Christ.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

MMAI: I think its appropriate that your avatar has a large penis in the middle of its head.

You are not Jesus Christ.

ROFL! I hadn't thought of that horn as a penis, but I suppose that works. But rather have a penis in the "middle" of the head rather than toward one side or the other, right?

As far as being Jesus Christ, I'm afraid I truly am, which will be proven soon. In the meantime, I'm not JC to you because of your own understanding of the Bible and who he is and when he must arrive, I suppose. But I can assure you the Bible's chronology requires Christ to return in 1992, which you cannot dismiss. You cannot claim the Bible does not represent Christ returning in the lfesh in an impefect body. When the Ethiopian eunuch reads Isa 53, about the "suffering messiah" you can choose to consider a cryptic link between the two or not. But for the elect who see this as a hint regarding the physical appearance of the messiah, it would require the messiah to be black and gay at the second coming.

So I really don't care if you don't think I'm the true messiah or not because I know you're not following scripture. So I'm not your misinterpretation of the messiah at the second coming, but I am definitely the Biblical 2nd coming messiah that was prophesied would return in 1992-1993.

Anyway, just when do you think your messiah is supposed to show up? Just curious.

LS

• Mary
    Mary
    Larsinger said: Same today. Sure, I'll be vindicated as the true Christ, but it won't do many any good as far as saving their lives.

Hey Larsinger.....were you born in a stable next to a baby named Brian?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yes, Lars was, but Brian was not the Messiah, just a very naughty boy.

(I take it Lars was the donkey?)

• OldGenerationDude
    OldGenerationDude

I had to unlearn a lot about what I still took for granted about the Bible that the had Witnesses taught me. It took a period of ten years or so to realize I was expecting more of the Bible than even most so-called believers did. I mean, can a book be "responsible" for something?

To illustrate:

The JWs claim that "true" or "correct" religion has to be based on the Bible. Maybe I'm stupid, but I thought Christianity was based on a person, not a book. I thought the New Testament (Christian Greek Scriptures for those who still can't let go of JW-speak/think) was written by members of and based on the religion that resulted from that person from Nazareth. The person from Nazareth came first, the religion second, and the book last (being written by and then "canonized" by the authority this religion had without this book). That sounds kinda backward to the JW model to me, doesn't it?

Truth is measured by what is written in the Bible. I never read that in the Bible, not even in 2 Timothy 3:16. But I do remember Jesus saying that he, himself was "the Truth." (Jn 14:6) Hmmm, the book versus the person thing again, interesting.

Salvation is only possible by having a true or correct understanding of the Bible. Yes, I remember it all well--Jesus was ascending unto the heavens, and yea, he spake unto them that were his disciples, dropping from His hands a most holy of Books to the earth and declaring unto them: "Unless ye read and study and get to know this book correctly, ye cannot be saved." ...Wait a minute? What? That never happened? Isn't that a requisite somewhere in the Bible? It isn't? The Witnesses lied about that too? Gosh darn it to heck and fiddlesticks!

The Bible can't "know" when an "end time" is. It's just a written book. Even if you believe it is inspired (actually especially if you do, one would think), then you definitely realize that a book hasn't the ability to know anything, be responsible for anything, nor can it or any other inanimate object convince people of one thing or another. All those things have to do with the readers, not the book.

Yes, I agree with Freshcrepes that if we accept what the Watchtower teaches it causes us to be idiots expecting a book to "do things." Even if we aren't religious anymore after leaving the JWs, the Bible is still one of the great works of literature, and it is insulting to see the religion of the Governing Body of JWs take such a work and turn it into nothing more than a Magic 8 ball of sorts that's "supposed" to "supply all the answers." ("Tell me what to do next, Magic 8 Ball, I mean, the Bible.")

Religious texts are nothing outside of the religious systems that made them. The problem is that this is what the JWs have done, removed the Bible from their religions and then trying to invent something new for themselves. That reduces the Bible to a joke because it was not the basis of the religion of the Jews and Christians; it is a reflection of their religion.

And when someone looks to a reflection to teach them things, they end up getting things backward.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Larsinger, are you taking your medicine?

Obviously not.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit