WHO WILL TEACH US THE TRUTH?

by The Searcher 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Ah common sense; it takes very little energy and intelligence to operate but is so simply true.

Why don’t more people have it, and if they have it, why don’t more people use it?

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

Holy Spirit? full stop.

• just Ron
    just Ron

truth is self evident Lincoln said so.

• avengers
    avengers

The truth is a lie!

• robB
    robB

It's incredible how people will still insist on believing the bible after being part of the JWs. It's like jumping from the frying pan into the fire. The only way we can find out what is true is by getting informed. Information comes from only one source: the honest and rational inquiry we call science. If scientific evidence discards the bible... fucking dismiss the damn book already! Don't insist on forcing a round peg in a square hole. Throw everything you know overboard and start back from the basics.

WRONG. Science is not the answer. Try using science to prove love. Live long enough and you will see science change it's mind. Science is nothing more than a helper. Science will never create life.

That you x-JWs have become athiests is consistent with the program of the false prophet. You've been manipulated, cheated and deceived. I can sympathize, although I've never been in the organization. Pick yourself up and dust yourself off. When you became a witness it was similar to buying a house, except that you didn't examine the foundation. You went in on the first floor and really liked the floor plan but you missed the basement. Had you examined the foundations of Jehovah's Witnesses and investigated Pastor Russell, you probably would have looked elsewhere.

The answer to the OP's question is the Bible and God. But you're probably reluctant after getting burned. I suggest you start with investigating the evidence for Jesus. If he is actually who he claimed to be, 'I Am', then he is the 'truth'. I recommend Lee Strobel's The Case For Christ as a resource to see how an athiest can uncover the facts of Jesus.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Hehe That was was weird! I have witness the same as you robB. You are right.

My method is life (I don't want to be the bad guy), then God, then the Bible. I use to read the Bible (I still do!) It described someone bad and I said in my head "is that me?" And God said well, if it is then change. And that's what I'm doing.

Thanks for posting that robB. Do you want an emoticon?

• tornapart
    tornapart

Jesus said 'I am the way, the truth and the life'.. it's enough for me.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Jesus said 'I am the way, the truth and the life'.. it's enough for me.

It is not enough for me to realize Jesus is the way, the truth, the life. I must follow him. If he goes somewhere but I do not follow then it does not matter what he is.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Of course N.Drew, I completely agree... I just meant I don't need anyone else to teach me what the truth is..

• Terry
    Terry

Try using science to prove love

In my view, LOVE is the most intense personification of our values.

The inescapable emotion we feel when we encounter the embodiment of what WE hold dear is that LOVE.

So, LOVE is not a thing to be proved.

It is demonstrated by what we are willing to exchange in order to grasp it.

The strength of our values = the strength of our LOVE.

For example, if we say we Love our wife, but we aren't willing to exchange our time and patience on her behalf, then, our love is disproved because it HAS NO CURRENCY. It is an inflated claim only.

Like I said, just my view.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit