WHO WILL TEACH US THE TRUTH?

by The Searcher 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

w83

8/15p.23par.14UnitedFruitBearers Just as the anointed "branches" of the "true vine" must remain in union with Christ, the "other sheep" must remain in close union with "the faithful and discreet slave," Christ’s anointed "brothers." Only thus can they hope to ‘inherit the Kingdom prepared for them from the founding of the world.’ w838/15p.24par.16UnitedFruitBearersThe facts indicate that this grafting in went on until the mid-1930’s. Today, at this late date, there is good reason to believe that the "full number" of both Jewish and Gentile branches has been grafted in.

w092/15pp.24-25par.4They"KeepFollowingtheLamb" Yes, Jehovah provides direction to the slave. We can therefore have full confidence in the Scriptural insight, understanding, and guidance that we receive from the slave. w107/15p.23par.10"TheSpiritSearchesInto...theDeepThingsofGod" When the time comes to clarify a spiritual matter in our day, holy spirit helps responsible representatives of "the faithful and discreet slave" at world headquarters to discern deep truths that were not previously understood.w109/15p.8par.7EarnestlySeekJehovah’sBlessing Jesus Christ proved to be the primary part of Abraham’s "seed." Anointed Christians form the secondary part of that foretold "seed." They have been commissioned to "declare abroad the excellencies of the one that called [them] out of darkness into his wonderful light." (Gal. 3:7-9, 14, 16, 26-29; 1 Pet. 2:9) We cannot hope to acquire a good relationship with Jehovah if we ignore those whom Jesus has appointed to care for his belongings. Without the assistance of "the faithful and discreet slave," we would neither understand the full import of what we read in God’s Word nor know how to apply it.

rs p.234LastDays The present wicked system of things, which extends worldwide, entered its last days in 1914, and some of the generation alive then will also be on hand to witness its complete end in the "great tribulation."

w85 12/1 p. 9 par. 4 Declared Righteous " for Life

w88

9/15p.14par.18Listen—Jehovah’sWatchman Speaks! The antitypical ‘man in linen’ is the class of anointed Christians. They go from house to house to put a symbolic mark on those who become part of the "great crowd" of Christ’s "other sheep." The "mark" is the evidence that such sheep are dedicated, baptized individuals with a Christlike personality. They ‘sigh and groan over detestable things’ done in Christendom.

w57

6/15p.370par.7OverseersofJehovah’s People It is vital that we appreciate this fact, and respond to the directions of the "slave" as we would to the voice of God.

w104/15p.10par.13HolySpirit’sRoleintheOutworkingofJehovah’sPurpose Third, holy spirit is at work in bringing Bible truths to light. (Prov. 4:18) This magazine has long been used by "the faithful and discreet slave" as the primary channel for dispensing increased light. (Matt. 24:45) For example, consider our understanding of those who make up "this generation" mentioned by Jesus.

w107/15p.20par.1"TheSpiritSearchesInto...theDeepThingsofGod" The apostle Paul highlighted another vital role that the holy spirit plays: "The spirit searches into all things, even the deep things of God." (1 Cor. 2:10) Indeed, Jehovah uses his holy spirit to reveal deep spiritual truths . Without this help, where would we be in our understanding of Jehovah’s purposes? (Read1 Corinthians2:9-12.)

w107/15p.20par.2"TheSpiritSearchesInto...theDeepThingsofGod" Jesus indicated a twofold way in which the spirit would operate. "The helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name, that one will teach you all things and bring back to your minds all the things I told you." (John 14:26) The holy spirit would thus act as a teacher and as a remembrancer.

w092/15pp.24-25par.4They"KeepFollowingtheLamb" Yes, Jehovah provides direction to the slave. We can therefore have full confidence in the Scriptural insight, understanding, and guidance that we receive from the slave.

w107/15p.23par.10"TheSpiritSearchesInto...theDeepThingsofGod" When the time comes to clarify a spiritual matter in our day, holy spirit helps responsible representatives of "the faithful and discreet slave" at world headquarters to discern deep truths that were not previously understood.

w109/15p.8par.7EarnestlySeekJehovah’sBlessing Jesus Christ proved to be the primary part of Abraham’s "seed." Anointed Christians form the secondary part of that foretold "seed." They have been commissioned to "declare abroad the excellencies of the one that called [them] out of darkness into his wonderful light." (Gal. 3:7-9, 14, 16, 26-29; 1 Pet. 2:9) We cannot hope to acquire a good relationship with Jehovah if we ignore those whom Jesus has appointed to care for his belongings. Without the assistance of "the faithful and discreet slave," we would neither understand the full import of what we read in God’s Word nor know how to apply it.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What is truth ?

• N.drew
    N.drew
    What is truth ?

Truth is what IS what WAS and what WILL BE. But it's not history. It means how was, is and will be work together to make peace. It didn't happen. Can it happen? It's not too late to try. Obviously Jesus was, is, but will not be a major player. So far that is how it is progressing imo.

Why does no one wonder that the sign of his presence causes people to beat themselves in grief?

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory Matthew 24:30

I think it means he had power and great glory and I think no one can say it has not been ruined. That is what they will recognize.

• Terry
    Terry

I'd settle for some Common Sense any day over some guru's opinions and interpretations of captial T TRUTH.

Knowing how to live decently does not require a revelation from heaven.

Understanding how the world works is a combination of listening, reading and asking polite questions.

Watch out for emotional arguments and mysterious, mystical sources behind lofty phrases.

Honesty works really well. We might just ask that of our heroes.

Old Books from pre-technology eras are just that: old guesses and superstition. No, really.

The idea that people who didn't even understand that germs can cause disease should clue us those same ancient people can hardly be expected to understand LARGER truths about the universe.

There was actually an old song people use to sing titled "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but, nobody ever wants to die."

And that, my friends, is the problem.

We are suckers for any line of bull that promises we never have to die.

I'm calling "Bullshit".

We are born, we try to do our best to build a good life, we grow old, probably get sick and we die.

Now, wrap your mind around the simplicity of that game plan and you have a head start on spiritual-minded people.

No, really.

• carla
    carla

If you are believer in the bible you need no man to teach you-

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you,
    and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things,
    and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you,
    you shall abide in him.
    I John 2:27

Funny that someone trying to talk about 'truth' uses cut and paste from a man made rag.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I like common sense ,and I like your common sense posts Terry !

As Voltaire says "Common sense is not all that common", so more often than not your posts are a breath of fresh air.

To me, if you wish to get close to the truth of a matter, you have to use the scientific method, combined with common sense.

T.H Huxley said "Science is nothing but trained and organized common sense" so he agrees with me !

Some will claim that there are "truths" that cannot be gained by the use of science and common sense, I would say these are not truths, they are mere ideas, they may in fact be great ideas, but they are not truths, let alone with a capital T

I was kind of disappointed at first to discover this when I left the WT, I thought then, "Well if they (the WT) are not the Truth, who ,or what is ?" but I soon learned there is no single great "Truth" out there, sorry Muldour and Scully, and even what is "true" now may change in a way, time and circumstance change all kind of things.

We need to teach ourselves common sense, then at least we may recognise a truth if it sneaks up and bites us on the bum.

• Terry
    Terry

I was kind of disappointed at first to discover this when I left the WT, I thought then, "Well if they (the WT) are not the Truth, who ,or what is ?"

Yes! That IS the first impulse.

And you know what? It is like kicking a drug habit and saying "What other artificial stimulant can I turn to that will sear my consciousness with wild imaginings now?

How about sobriety?

Oh? Too boring?

Or...

pulling an arrow out of your chest and looking for some other object to jam into the wound.....

• QuiteRational
    QuiteRational

Very true, Terry.

It's incredible how people will still insist on believing the bible after being part of the JWs. It's like jumping from the frying pan into the fire. The only way we can find out what is true is by getting informed. Information comes from only one source: the honest and rational inquiry we call science. If scientific evidence discards the bible... fucking dismiss the damn book already! Don't insist on forcing a round peg in a square hole. Throw everything you know overboard and start back from the basics.

Pick up a WT publication - see the logical fallacies and untruths contained within. Discard.

Pick up the Quran - see the empty proze and unsubstantiated claims on the divine. Discard

Pick up a book on homeopathy - see the pseudoscience and evidenceless claims contained within. Discard.

Pick up a basic textbook on biology - see everything is independently verifiable. Verify. Learn.

That is where truth lies.

• flipper
    flipper

" Who Will Teach Us The Truth " ? Ourselves by living and experiencing life

• Bella15
    Bella15

Biblical "truth"? Now that I am a Christian, I know that this is the work of the Holy Spirit ... not the work of men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit