Doing my masters degree!

by avatar 10 Replies latest jw friends

F**k you, WT!!

Talk about an evil cult that will not even allow it's members to learn.

• dyakoub
    dyakoub

No doubt, me too! I'm doing mine in english. What are you doing?

• TOTH
    TOTH

Glad to hear it! Congrats to all who are "reaching out"...for higher education as oppsed to the circular reasoning and mind control of the wt cult.

• dyakoub
    dyakoub

When I think about it, my degree in English I'm sometimes deflated by the very limited job opportunities I have in the extremely saturated and extremely feeble job market. It's very impracticle. I ain't got no job! But earning my degree taught me how to read and gave me the capacity for critical analysis. After this I understood what the Watchtower really taught. I'm quite glad...sometimes.

Oh, and thank you, TOTH

• talesin
    talesin

w00t! Good for you all!

Don't get discouraged, dyakoub,,, you've made the biggest step already, and succeeded. Maybe an MSW or something additonal would give you that 'edge'. The field of Social Work is one that's growing ... just a thought. Get brainstorming, and I hope things go better for you.

tal

• St George of England
    St George of England

Good for you.

You will NEVER regret it.

George

• out4good3
    out4good3

8 weeks into mine.

Technology Management....

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

You make me so jealous. I quit college because of the teachings of the WTS. Now I wish I would have finished my upper education.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Nice one! Best of luck.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

If you can teach grammar and syntax, I know a few English majors making much better money working to help professionals, particularly lawyers, to polish their writing skills. Writing standards are ever deteriorating in the US. Altho I graduated from a top tier law school, I was shocked by the writing of some of my peers. They were brilliant. Large law firms, lobbyists, various business are hiring English teachers as part of the firm.

I can think of many career paths for English. Did you expect to be in academia?

The economy does not help. I suggest that people in college pursue double majors. Passions are important but they should be paired with a practical major.

Speechwriting. Editing. Advertising.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit