What about normalcy? Is it even an option?

by watergoddess 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

water, i'm sorry that you and ashi (and many others here) have to endure such rejection. it must be very hard. but i think you and ashi have something special together and i'm glad for that! (((ashi and water))), i hope things get better for you both.

• Kep
    Kep

WG,
    I still have problems with making friends, real friends, the true ones that will be there for you when you need them.
    I had them when I was one of the good guys, then when I was out, they never knew me.
    It is a battle to have good, honest and genuine friends. It would be just as hard for you and Ashi to find other people that you can trust.
    I still, after 7 years, have few people that I call my friends. Although in the last 8 months I have re-aquainted with 3 of them as they are also out now.
    You guys have each other and that's awesome, you are both going thru this together.
    During my most hurtful times, I had no one.
    As posted, time will help in your healing.
    I think for me, I needed to heal first before I could confidently work at meeting new people. I had to get over my hangups and be a person that was acceptable to others and not a drunk with an attitude.
    In time, maybe your families will snap out of their buzz, mine did, but it took a while.
    All the best to the both of you.
    Kep

• ghenrymt
    ghenrymt

I have never been "normal," and don't expect to be. I just concern myself with what I want to accomplish, or avoid. Begin normal is much too big a problem to tackle in and of itself. Break it down into small pieces, pick a few little ones that are important, and work on those.

Work on the things you can change, and as far as the really big problems go, either join a team that may have enuogh power to tackle them, or just learn to live with the status quo.

This probably doesn't make any sense, because I am realy too tired and sleepy to be doing this. Zzzzzz....

I would rather live in a world where my life is surrounded by mystery
    than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it.
    - Harry Emerson Fosdick

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

WaterGoddess, welcome to the board.
    You pose a very good question. For me, I conquered the "new friends" thing by being very outgoing, and approachable. At different stages of my life out of the Borg, I have had to kinda sort thru my new friends, to see who is a true friend, and who is not. Its just a continual process of growth as a person. There are no guarantees, but it can be an enlightening as well as a fun journey.
    I say, seek what you wan to be "normal" for YOU, and enjoy the ride.

Boozy

• butalbee
    butalbee

You just got to get up and get on with your life. There is nothing in life that is normal, life will throw you a curve ball when you least expect it.

Actually, this board is a great place to begin, a lot of people care about you here that don't even know you, who will help to guide you in the right direction[or just make you laugh], support you, and be your friend. I know I spend most of my nights here, reading and posting, and it's helped me battle my loniliness.

If you ever want to email me, to talk, or vent, please do.

Lara

• watergoddess
    watergoddess

AWWWWWWWW thanks guys!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit