Here are 5 reasons that the FDS is imaginary

by Terry 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I really do beleive the bibles interpretation of who the FDS is. I just do not believe that the JW's have figured out who that is. Will I see it my lifetime? Likely not. The type of real preaching work and significant world events aren't in place, and the dubs are delusional for thinking that a magazine, featuring foods from South America for an article is what Jah had in mind.

• james_woods
    james_woods

For what it is worth, I do not think that the Faithful and Discrete Sllave means anything about an organizational arrangement or theological structure.

I think it was meant to be taken literally - is each individual christian doing what was good and faithful?

If it were really a description of the indicated organization of the church, it would hardly have been necessary to couch the words in such a riddle.

Peter the Rock being the first Pope actually makes more common sense.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea but I can't take the Rock seriously anymore after he dressed up like a tooth fairy

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

It isn't imaginary though for religious groups such as the JWS/WTS. trying to create a semblance of viability toward themselves.

Particularly if the group is involved with literature proliferation of their own works.

There is a wide diversification of the gospel when its being stridently commercialized.

• Terry
    Terry

The Catholic Church has Tradition and Magesterium.

Protestants have sola fide and sola scriptura.

Mormons have 12 apostles and a priesthood.

Muslims have the Mullahs and the hidden Imam.

7th Day Adventists have the "visions" of Ellen White.

Jehovah's Witnesses have the mouthpiece of God; i.e. FDS (old farts sitting around a table meddling in people's lives.)

If you don't have facts, history or logic you can only cheat your way into authority by resorting to the magic trick of Mysticism.

The FDS doctrine is mysticism.

"Somehow" the GB sits around a table and votes by a 2/3's majority on what is SO...until is ISN'T.

Gosh, I wish that sounded more spiritual and supernatural than it does.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

As in the case of the JWS, self describing themselves in this manner is also self supporting and self empowering

as ones being spiritually guided by god himself. A position of authority .

• Terry
    Terry

How can you be "faithful" to a text that you yourself are parsing, interpreting and often misunderstanding and correcting through policy changes?

How can you be "discreet" if you publicly declare aloud what God privately leads you to say and it turns out to be dead wrong?

How can you call yourself a "slave" if you are in the catbird seat, pulling the strings, voting "Truth" in and out by a 2/3 majority with your own hands firmly on the rudder of an international corporation?

Not one word makes any rational sense.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Not one word makes any rational sense.

But they will disfellowship you into eternal damnation if you do not swear unquestioning loyalty to their "faithful and discrete slave" - the GB.

We should not let this thread die without also mentioning that they seem to be in the midst of yet another change on the identity of the "slave".

The current written doctrine remains that it is the remnant of annointed ones still on earth.

The factual teaching has become (without QUITE saying so in print) - that the "faithful and discrete slave" is really the governing body - and no one else.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The factual teaching has become (without QUITE saying so in print) - that the "faithful and discrete slave" is really the governing body - and no one else.

The very same group of men who are the chiefs executive officers of the Watchtower Publishing Corporation.

This is the reason of the organization's own inherent corruption, its corruption of sustainability.

This also the reason why the WTS. has never come out directly and said the GB are the FDSL. because of the WTS. many false prophecies.

The past presidents of the WTS. and GB members have been very evasive when it came to self identifying themselves.

• james_woods
    james_woods

The past presidents of the WTS. and GB members have been very evasive when it came to self identifying themselves.

You know - at least the (hated by the WTBTS) Catholic Church will come out and directly and honestly state who the Pope and the Cardinals are.

This waffling around about "the remnant of the annointed" is plainly B.S. - none of them have a vote on ANY policy matter, and written record of the Watchtower on the subject of memorial partakers suggests that many of them are crazy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit