Here are 5 reasons that the FDS is imaginary

by Terry 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Five reasons why the "faithful and discreet slave" class is imaginary:

1 The WTS has been inconsistent about who the Slave is. Until 1895 it taught that the Slave is the whole body of Christ. Then it held that the Slave is an individual Russell. In 1927 the WTS again claimed the Slave was the whole body of Christ – this in their theology being 144,000 persons.

2 The "slave class" has supposedly existed since 33 A.D. but the WTS has not identified any individuals, groups or locations of this "slave class" after the 1 st century until C T Russell appeared.

3 The alleged "slave class" is admitted to have been spiritually "unclean" in 1918. Analysis of WTS publications of that period reveal errors by thousands – "food" so poisoned that the WTS now opposes its use. Yet Jesus supposedly inspected all churches in 1918 and confirmed the promoters of this poison as his sole "faithful slave".

4 The entire "slave" class, now comprised of the "remnant", supposedly produces the "food". In reality most are never consulted in any decisions, publications or doctrinal revisions.

5 The chronology behind the "return" of Jesus in 1914 and hence his inspection of all churches in 1918 is false. (based on false date for historic starting point.)

(see: users.adam.com.au/bstett/) Investigator Magazine

• N.drew
    N.drew

I have come to the conclusion that a faithful and discreet slave is a real entity. I believe because it's essence is faith and discretion it can never be unclean. If it became unclean it would no longer be faithful and discreet.

I believe it describes the "helper" that would be sent after the death of Jesus. John 15:26 16:7,8. It is interesting to note that the helper is mentioned only in the book of John.

So the whole body of Christ is not it but should reflect it.

• Terry
    Terry

Ask yourself why Jesus needs "help" in the first place.

If you are not up to the job at hand you call in reinforcements.

If Jesus needs "help" you'd think it would have to be divine help (holy spirit) rather than silly old men who keep disagreeing over what is true doctrine.

How does that "help" anybody or anything? How does it not repudiate Truth by replacing it with false hopes in awkward errors of chronology?

How does the Watchtower "help" not embarass the very name JEHOVAH by making it identical to crackpot religious cult?

We can thank/blame Pastor Russell's wife (Maria) for inventing the understanding of the FDS. She, in turn, merely swiped the mouthpiece idea from the Adventists under Ellen White who was guided in the same way. White simply called it "visions".

• N.drew
    N.drew
    I have been working on a lizard limerick. Ask yourself why Jesus needs "help" in the first place.

I have asked myself that question. I am rested on the belief that he does not need help but he shares the will of God with others because of his generosity.

"there's an erase feature" "Is there?" Who really cares? I'm sorry, I believe I have been wibbled.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Have you ever asked yourself "so what?" I am sure the Organization asks that every day. Maybe every hour.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I'm sorry

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

N.drew, the Helper is the Holy Spirit, not the FDS...

• Ding
    Ding

4 The entire "slave" class, now comprised of the "remnant", supposedly produces the "food". In reality most are never consulted in any decisions, publications or doctrinal revisions.

In addition to this, the WT has admitted that the GB neither knows nor cares who these people are.

Moreover, based on WT doctrine, the number of this "remnant" should be decreasing each year. Yet, the number of people partaking at the Memorial has INCREASED by 30% in the last 5 years. Clearly, something is wrong. A lot of JWs don't have an accurate understanding as to whether they are a part of this "slave" class or not.

In fact, how do the members of the GB know that they THEMSELVES are part of this class? How can they be sure? By previous teaching, the heavenly class closed in 1935, which would eliminate them! The class had to be reopened by "new light" because we are 77 years past 1935 and Armageddon still hasn't come.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Terry, I do not know what happened to it, or even recalll the mans name - but Ed Dunlap gave me a cassette tape years ago in which an ex-circuit overseer explained in his own voice how ridiculous the "faithful and discrete slave" doctrine really was.

One big point he made was like your number one point - they did not even know who the slave was. In fact, he proved from meticulous research in their own writings that they later identified the true slave as being in existence and giving out proper food - at a time when they had a completely different definition of who the slave was while still being the faithful slave!!!

As the man then commented to the side - this notion is "just ludicrous". He said the words with such disgust that the phrase - "now, that is just ludicrous" - became a favorite saying of apostates in our area during the 1975/Ray Franz breaking away.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    N.drew, the Helper is the Holy Spirit, not the FDS...

Yes. The helper is the Holy Spirit. Is the Holy Spirit in the form of a Faithful and Discreet Slave? I think it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit