Anyone do sales for a living by any chance?

by cognac 21 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

I just started in sales recently and have been really good at it. Of course, I grew up a JW, lol.

Anyways, I was working on closing an account and took another guy at my work with me to go over the specifications and get quotes and that sort of thing. Well, after the meeting he called and emailed her to ask further questions without my knowledge.

So, I called her yesterday and she completely flipped out about the way he treated her saying that he was pressuring her and bullying her. So much so that she doesn't want to do business with us now. He said that he said nothing wrong to her and that she is just using him as an escape goat because she doesn't want to work with us.

I feel like he should never have called her or emailed her without my involving me, so it's his fault regardless of what he did or didn't say. Am I right? Part of me feels like he was trying to close it himself to get credit for it somehow and bullied her to do it. What are your thoughts on this?

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I have never had a sales job in my life, however he seems to have overstepped a boundary. Does your company have any rules about this? Just seems wrong to me, for what it is worth. NMKA

• cognac
    cognac

I thought the same thing but I'm new to sales myself...

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

From what I know of sales, each customer account that is yours is your customer account. The only person that should be handling the account is you. It sounds like the other person, if they were a fellow salesperson, were trying to close the deal behind your back and get the commission..

• cognac
    cognac

I think you might be right GO... Now, he f'ed up my commission. The lady is so mad she is calling the president of our company. Hopefully, I will get more details of what exactly happened and what he said to piss her off so bad...

If it is proved he lied to us and tried to close it behind my back, I should get one of his accounts...

• cognac
    cognac

And this could have been over a million dollars in sales...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm in sales, been doing it for about 25 years

Let the president know what happened, and then tell him/her that u will fix it. See if u can get the President to authorize some sort of incentive. Next, fix the relationship. Tell them what they want to hear. You threw the other salesperson off a plane at 35k feet into a pool of angry sharks who just passed the bar exam. Blame yourself on letting the other salesperson out of the office etc etc. Keep it a little humorous but cover every point in detail. Continue working with the client very closely and cc the president for about a week.

I have no patience with salespeople under me and when a few start causing waves like this I give them a stern warning ONCE.

• cognac
    cognac

Thank you so much for your advice wha happened. The president already knows about it cause my boss walked in midway through the conversation and got the president involved right away. The client loves me and I stayed calmed and just apologized through the entire conversation. I mean, she was yelling she was so mad. Then, I sent a follow up email and she responded that it wasn't my fault and she was going to call the president about it.

She doesn't even want me to call her for awhile to give her time to get over it. I'm wondering if she may feel bad that she took it out on me? I'm pretty sure I called her when she was under a lot of pressure and stress and right after he must have pissed her off, cause she's normally really sweet.

You think she will still do business with me after all that?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

when did this occur?

• cognac
    cognac

Wha happened - What are your thoughts of him calling and emailing her without involving me? Do you think he overstepped his boundaries?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit