You can be a Professor at a University but no higher Ed. for Jdubs WTH?

by Kensho 20 Replies latest jw friends

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

This just reinforces what I've always thought. If you have what JW's what consider a prestigious job or high position in life, as a brother you can rocket up the ladder and hob nob with all kinds of JW higher ups.

I know a brother who is a geologist here in Houston,graduate of the University of Oklahoma. He's always had parts on assemblies, RBC,etc.

If you have a nice position in life doors in the the organization open for you alot more easily than joe publisher. For one you're speaking skills as a college grad are probably superb next to an average dub.

Either way it disgusts me because no matter what they say, they have 'classes' within the org.

• VM44
    VM44

Dr. Haniph A. LatchmanProfessor, Electrical & Computer Engineering
    University of Florida

http://www.list.ufl.edu/latchman.htm

Dr. Latchman is the presiding Minister of the Millhopper, Gainesville Florida Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses. He is married and his wife Sheryl is also from Jamaica; she is a graduate (in Physics and Chemistry ) of the University of the West Indies. They have a son, Andrew, who was born in Gainesville in May 1988.

http://aln.list.ufl.edu/latchman

• jackshort
    jackshort
    i just visited Mike & Kim site , where is the link about WT buying QCSTelecom , and brother Latchman is the president of the company
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

fresh prince of ohio - "There's more than enough weird intellectual types in the world to go around, and JWism manages to snare its share of them. Plenty of evidence of that on this very site."

It's true; I see one in the mirror every morning!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

av8orntexas - "If you have what JW's what consider a prestigious job or high position in life, as a brother you can rocket up the ladder and hob nob with all kinds of JW higher ups."

Maybe that's the real reason they discourage "higher education"...

...there's only so many elites they can accommodate before there's too many of 'em.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Yes, the guy is more than just a professor. He's got a laundry list of accreditations. He was also the owner of QC Telecom, the company that was sold to the WT a couple of years ago in a shady deal.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is a working hypocrisy apparent in the Borg. which states that higher education is officially demeaned and admonished to the over all body of JWS but when one of their members has a high level of education, they seem to elevate these people up the ladder, particularly when they know they can be exploited in the operations of the organization. ie. law , technology and so forth.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Finkelstein: There is a working hypocrisy apparent in the Borg. which states that higher education is officially demeaned and admonished to the over all body of JWS but when one of their members has a high level of education, they seem to elevate these people up the ladder, particularly when they know they can be exploited in the operations of the organization. ie. law , technology and so forth.

There certainly appears to be a distinct class of educated wealthy JWs that sit apart from the normal rank and file JW. Do we know if these JW heavies are part of the select group of 500 men or so that actually make up "The Society"? Or are they just part of that mysterious "patron class" that have been taught the green ack ack adack secret handshake?

• millie210
    millie210
    OrphanCrow3 minutes ago
    There certainly appears to be a distinct class of educated wealthy JWs that sit apart from the normal rank and file JW. Do we know if these JW heavies are part of the select group of 500 men or so that actually make up "The Society"? Or are they just part of that mysterious "patron class" that have been taught the green ack ack adack secret handshake?

It would help if there was a list of the "500" wouldnt it?

I am guessing that is not public information perhaps?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Patron Class"... that's good, I gotta remember that one.

I'm thinking Lorenz Reibling might be a member (officially or otherwise). :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit