Endure! Life is hard! Lost? We are Miserable ? Don't think so

by ducatijoe 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Great post joe

Im terrified of the future. Mostly of losing my little princesses to this cult. Thanks for the positive words.

• done4good
    done4good

I know people who have left the Witnesses and they're lives are in shambles. They needed structure and without it they are lost. I know people who have left and they are fine. Strictly speaking from my own extended family: all the ones that have left are all screwed up.

It's called self-fulfilling prophesy. Of course, if someone is browbeat their whole life, told they are sinful, imperfect scum deserving of death, (especially if they leave), in addition to being unprepared for real life, with no education, no prospects for improvement, and also believe it is wrong to want to improve their life... Isn't it kind of obvious someone in this situation would be set up to fail? Duh...

d4g

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I have to say that from what I've seen, it's the people who have left that are more successful, stable, and happy. It probably depends on personalities. But it seems the ones who have stayed are a mess, constantly fighting against their natural selves and the direction they should have taken in life, which makes a person miserable.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

My life without the WBTS is fantastic. Never better. No stress, live in a beautiful place, great new friends and total peace of mind. I am now 60 and was in for over 40 years. I have no fear of death yet enjoy every minute of life.....ducatijoe

......................LIVING HELL.................................................................LIVING.........Image result for jehovah's witnesses preaching...........Image result for OLDER MAN Relaxing on tropical beach

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

Positive post for a Sunday morning. Hope everyone had a awesome weekend.

Remember to be happy, even if you have to schedule it.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

So good to hear that things are fabulous for you and others who leave this 'jail' of sorts.

It would be a much different story for me. I'm a born-in and all the family that matters to me are very heavily entangled with the WTBTS, so there's no 'leaving' for me; therefore, I just make the very best of what's been handed to me by birth into it.

Recently, hubby and I seem to hang out more and more with a group that seems to be awake to the WTBTS crap but nobody speaks about it, we just have fun together.

Happy for you. Keep up living well and happy.

DY

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DUCATIJOE:

I agree with you that life is immeasurably better without the cult.

First of all, the phony people are gone, judgmentalism is gone (of course you have to stop playing that tape inside your head).

Your time can now go to things you actually like, you don't always have to "be" somewhere wasting gas and precious time.  You can sleep late on weekends and stay in on cold winter nights. You can improve yourself by school or get a better job. You can restore contact with relatives and other non-JWs before it is too late (this is priceless in my book). But, last but not least, you can stop being paranoid about what these fools think about every little thing! You are a free adult and owe nobody an explanation about anything.

GIORDANO:

Your idea of throwing that welcome party was excellent and I'm glad it paid off. Interesting that you and your wife volunteer. I guess it is a ministry of sorts but I'm glad it worked out for you.

But, we can all agree that it is a relief to be away from the JW religion!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    WT is a doom and gloom cult. Happiness is only for the future, not today. We did not realize how serious a problem this is within WT. The further away from them you get, the more clear you can see it. Life is good (even with it's challenges). Enjoy everyday!
  • steve2
    steve2

Some very helpful comments made about factors that make leaving difficult.

JWs - especially born-ins - become "institutionalized" to the organization. Being told by the organization that they cannot live well without it, being made to believe that the whole world - except JWs - is under Satan's rule - little wonder some cannt cope without the organzation to tell them what to do.

The wonderful news, however, is the huge numbers who do well after leaving thanks to their rejecting the institutionalized thinking of the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit