Endure! Life is hard! Lost? We are Miserable ? Don't think so

by ducatijoe 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

Its a rainy day and have been reading posts.

I would like to respond to the comments of those still in, post to those who have decided to leave.

What ever you have been told or may think about what will happen without "The Truth" , is Not true. My life without the WBTS is fantastic. Never better. No stress, live in a beautiful place, great new friends and total peace of mind. I am now 60 and was in for over 40 years. I have no fear of death yet enjoy every minute of life.

Someday I will die just as you will and your children will and their children. I do not know what will happen after ,no one truly does, however I do know Armageddon will not have happened.

Enjoy life and treat others well.

• Alive!
    Alive!

That's a very heartwarming post.

I remember a Sunday meeting where the speaker was talking about the protection of being in God's organisation..... "It's a jungle out there' he said.

I looked around that KH, at the strained faces, the dysfunctional family relationships, the lives of the lonely - "it's a jungle in here" came to mind - it didn't feel safe at all.

• azor
    azor

Thank you for this post. I left 7 months ago and I'm in the process of moving my family to a new area within the next month. Some in my extended family know where my family ttatt wise is and do very little with us. This is despite my son undergoing chemo for leukemia. It's even harder to feel abandoned with this going on.

I have mixed feelings. Excited about the new beginning and sad that I have lost so much. Family, and so called friends. Damn I don't even have anyone to help me move. I have to hire someone since I can't lift the items myself.

I know my wife, children, and I will make new friends. The interim is very challenging though. My son has been battling for his life and doing well so far thanks to the system of things that we live in. I'll be damned if I condemn my children to this cult after everything my children and wife have been through.

Here's to a new life and new beginnings.

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

azor

I know what you feel. Print your post and re read it in a couple of years.

You will be amazed how well things can turn out.

Alive

Thank you

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Azor, prayers for your sons healing...oh my God. Hang in there. And good luck with your move too, and may things go your way and blessings come you don't expect.

Joe, that's awesome. Not a drug addict or homeless or aids patient huh??

• Alive!
    Alive!

Azor,

A tough road for you and yours.

Thank God you are together as a family.

I can't imagine how hard this has been with your boy being so sick.

Good to hear you have access to decent medical care for your son, warm hugs to you and your wife - keep strong.

Yes, here's to a new life and new beginnings.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Thanks to all of you who shared your stories.

There certainly is likely to be some trauma when one first leaves the borg (by whatever means, fade, DF, DA). It's an emotional roller coaster.

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life.

Doc

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

Thanks for the words @ducatijoe I need this. I do get depressed sometimes, thinking about the time spent being a JW. I can't stop the memories, since they can be triggered just by a certain subject or seeing a building/location. I'm happy to be less stressed and things have gotten a little better. I have my own place to feel free to think and not worry about seeing a JW I used to know.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Azor making new friends is fairly simple. We moved into a nice neighborhood and as soon as we were settled in we threw ourselves a welcome to the neighborhood....... party. We put the invitation at every door within sight of our home. Got the beer, wine, finger food ready. Wondered if anyone would show up. On the day of our party and at the time we had specified the door bell started ringing...... we had a moveable feast of great people showing up. We had them sign a guest book with their address and phone number and put a stack of cards with our name, phone number etc. All told we had over 65 people We started new relationships, received invites for dinner and 12 years later many are still good friends and at the very least everyone makes eye contact, nods and or waves as we pass one another.

In our town we also have a newcomers club and apparently that has over 100 members. Many of these newcomers develop friendships with each other.

Finally there is volunteering. Putting something back into the community. Volunteers tend to be open as well as usually pleasant............. also it's easier to develop a relationship when you share some activity on a regular basis.

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman
    I know people who have left the Witnesses and they're lives are in shambles. They needed structure and without it they are lost. I know people who have left and they are fine. Strictly speaking from my own extended family: all the ones that have left are all screwed up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit