Tell me---We all have regrets about being in the organisation,what's yours?

by MsGrowingGirl20 34 Replies latest forum tech-support

• KristiKay
    KristiKay

@Lwt..Violent Femms??

• Giordano
    Giordano

Missing out on college............... but if I had gone I wouldn't have met my wife when I pioneered where the need was great. We both left together in our young 20's and built a grand life for ourselves. It took a while to become financially secure and reasonably successful. She's become more successful and is now a well known artist. If i'm lucky I'll be a footnote. But I did manage to figure out how to invest and we retired from the real working world at 60. So all in all it turned out to be a good trade off. Of course back then in the 1960's JW'S were a lot more relaxed then it is now....at least that was my recollection. Probably because I was very independent in my thinking, reasoning, social life and interests. I wouldn't have been able to handle the stuff most of you had to deal with. If my wife stayed in I would have turned into a Jehovah's Bystander. A witness who would just stand around and not get involved.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Regrets? Um no, being that I was a born-in there wasn't much I could do as a child. I'm glad I never got baptized and was able to extract myseHenlund f the org when I was a young adult. No regrets about that.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Heck, some days I regret being born into it.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

I was born in....... didn't get a collge education... or going into millitary service... instead of field service, which by the way I remember being told repeatedly, that know one would ever regret ... wasting your youth in Jehovah's Watchtower service...

Some of the things I've said to people regarding their faith...or their certain fate...

I regret that I never really have had a dream, of my own ... That my lifes ben on hold for nothing....

tate

• dinah
    dinah

Being "born in" throws a monkey wrench in the works, huh?

Yep, being born into that crap is my only regret. I do regret that I let my mind be held captive and walked around for 10 years thinking I was dead. I'm not dead yet! That's always a plus.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George
    I regret that I never really have had a dream, of my own ... That my lifes ben on hold for nothing....

I can't tell you how much I can relate to this right here. I have no goals, no dreams, no aspirations, and to be honest since approaching my mid 30's after being born into this mess, I don't even know where to begin. Don't know what I like, don't know what I might like, and at times am misanthropic enough that I feel too cynical to even care. It's really a messed up thing to be born into something like this and to have all of your ambitions, whatever talents, aspirations, and dreams having already been decided as to how to view and use them.

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

I regret not making real friends when I had the chance.

I regret not pursuing activities I enjoyed, especially when I was in college.

I regret not following my curious instincts sooner, it would have saved me years of internal turmoil.

On really bad days I regret being basically forced to marry at a young age, but other days she's the only thing I'm thankful for.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I regret exposing my children to the Borg, and I sincerely hope that they never go back.

• designs
    designs

Listening to a religious leader who said- 'If you have greater love for father, mother, brothers and sisters than me you are not worthy of me'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit