More than 50,000 DEAD

by Marvin Shilmer 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

More than 50,000 dead

Today I added a new article to my blog addressing overall mortality suffered as a result of Watchtower’s blood doctrine.

To the best of my knowledge this is the first attempt at such an extrapolation based on data gathered that is both verifiable and offers sufficient information to measure frequency in this particular patient population (Jehovah’s Witnesses). The results should shake all but the most jaded of persons. This one Watchtower teaching has killed (not to mention injured!) more Jehovah’s Witnesses than Nazi Germany ever did!

My article is titled More than 50,000 dead and is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2012/02/more-than-50000-dead.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• sabastious
    sabastious

This is heartbreaking to me. I can't help but think about all the people left behind to grieve for those 50,000+ people. It's well known that the human brain permanently alters after losing a loved one (that's what the grieving process is: trying to get back to a measure of normality). What would the world have been like if those 50,000 people had lived and their loved ones grief was replaced with the fellowship of a loved one? I think that is a question worth asking.

To all the people who have been legally murdered.

-Sab

• Londo111
    Londo111

Anytime I started doubting the existance of the Devil as a real person, remind me of this.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Thanks Marvin. I appreciate the work that you do.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Marvin, thanks for your continued vigilance on behalf of our JW friends and family in getting the truth out. Eye opening indeed.

Is the Watchtower bloodguilty before God? How can it not be? With this data, how can the people behind the "it" not fear their judgment?

(Genesis 4:10, 11) . . ."What have you done? Listen! Your brother's blood is crying out to me from the ground. 11 And now you are cursed in banishment from the ground, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood at your hand.

(Revelation 6:9, 10) 9 And when he opened the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those slaughtered because of the word of God and because of the witness work that they used to have. 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying: "Until when, Sovereign Lord holy and true, are you refraining from judging and avenging our blood upon those who dwell on the earth?"

I think the conversation between the GB and Jesus might go a little like ....

‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your [father's] name, and expel demons in your [father's] name, and perform many powerful works in your [father's] name?' We maintained unity throughout the world preaching the same message, nobody else did that! And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness.

• steve2
    steve2

Marvin, many many thanks for your well-researched and reasoned article. I am employed by one of the District Health Boards in New Zealand in a community-based mental-health team. I have no statistics to hand but based on anecdotal reports from colleagues who work in the Emergency Department, JWs with sudden massive blood loss (as occurs in motor vehicle accidents) are more likely to die compared to others with similar trauma who are given immediate blood transfusions.

If it were possible to get statistics on these accident "victims", we would undoubtedly find that the extrapolated 50,000 dead worldwide from non-emergency blood refusal since 1961 would be a low estimate when the blood-refusal deaths from emergency departments are added to the estimates.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Wow....

Congratulations on bringing some data to the discussion. I've often wondered just how many Jehovah's Witnesses have died as a result of refusing blood transfusions, since the Watchtower Corporation came up with that idiotic edict.

Of course, the Watchtower Corporation would NEVER release actual numbers - and they may not - MAY not - have a totally accurate count, themselves.

But if such accurate numbers WERE released, it would have the potential to put the Watchtower Corporation in a MOST unpleasant situation - spotlight the results of their high-handed treatment of the Rank&File, and quite possibly bring about MORE lawsuits...

I was going to add, "And hinder their "religious" rights", but since the governments have done nothing about the Christian Scientists, then I suspect going after the Watchtower Corporation would set a dangerous legal precedent.

Thanks for that information!!

Zid

• Giordano
    Giordano

Thank you Marvin, finally some hard statistics. If I read correctly this was based on only one type of medical issue: severe anemia.

It should also be noted that the following procedures may also require or absolutely reguire a transfusion to save a life. And as much progress as has been made with bloodless surgery one has to understand that if we go back to 1945 when the blood doctrine was first proposed proceedures were a great deal riskier then today. Even by 1961 when it became a shunning offense........ open heart surgery, cancer treatments etc. etc. were still primitive by today's standards. I believe that if we apply your figure of 50,000 deaths, which you based on very reasonable statistical evidence, to any number of these other proceedures the number of deaths world wide might easily have been 10 times greater.

general surgery,

cardiothoracic surgery (heart and chest),

orthopedics (bone and bone diseases),

hematology (blood diseases),

emergency surgery to replace blood loss from major accidents,

intensive care treatment,

renal surgery,

treatment of newborn babies and children,

Some treatments involved with pregnancy and childbirth.

Some treatments for cancer

For those lurkers who would like to think that in modern times we are beyond the horror of tragic loss due to a lack of a simple blood transfusion..... look through your Yearbook and note the amount of JW's living in third world countries where little or no replacment therapies are available for bloodless treatment.

Also reflect on the fact that this doctrine is unsupported by the bible since it's only application in the OT and NT was dietary. Also note that Jesus never even mentioned it! And not even the most conservative of orthodox Jewish Rabbi's.......... anywhere in the world............ refuses a blood transfusion on religious grounds.

• agonus
    agonus

Watchtower leadership responsible for more JW deaths than Nazi leadership, eh? Congratulations GB, and a hearty Sig Heil.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Sabastious,

I share your breaking heart. I’ve known more than a few Witnesses who suffered death because of this deadly doctrine. It’s one of the most wrenching things I have ever experienced to see family members endure the experience of a small child or new mother dying, not to mention the death itself.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit