Answering Machine at the Mental Hospital

by Grunt 12 Replies latest social humour

• Prisca
    Prisca

hey Grunt

Your name reminds me of a band in Australia with a famous actor as it's lead singer/song writer

It's called Thirty Odd Feet of Grunts (or, TOFOG) featuring none other but the Gladiator himself, Russell Crowe.

Just my 2 cents...

• larc
    larc

Hey Prisca,

You're just getting up and I'm about to go to sleep. If you want to see some good North American humor check out North Dakota ID. Enjoy and send us some of your local humor too!

• Seven
    Seven

Grunt, Whenever I see your name here I recall a post of yours from September where you described the cold, unnatural embrace from your child-lost to the borg. You went on about how shallow your relationship had become. I'm experiencing the same treatment from my parents. It's like being shot through the heart; only you don't die.
    If only I could learn not to dwell so much on the past. When I read that post I thought back to a time when on any given Saturday morning I'd hear a knock on my screen door. There my Dad would be standing dressed like Eddie Bauer-what a gadget geek(like me). He'd say, "Hey Missy, why don't you give those brushes a rest(artist)and walk down to the lake with me and do some fishin'? I'll even bait the hook for you." I knew it was pointless to say no. He wasn't going to rest until he demonstrated every lure, stink bait, and rubber-neon- glitter-worm he purchased from Bass-Mart or BassWorld or whatever the name of the place is. These are the times and days that I hang onto. These are the memories that I reach for while I'm hugging my "Stepford Parents." There is a line from your post that I copied into my journal, dated September 25th: "It does feel good to shoot an arrow of truth across the net and hope somehow it hits and kills a lie
    somewhere." Good one, Grunt. I guess this sums up the reason why many of us are here. Sorry to drift so far off the subject. I want to let you know I enjoy your posts also. "The few, the proud, the Apostates." It was good seeing you here again.

Seven

Don't want no more of the crying game-B.G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit