I Want Your Prediction: Who Will Be The Republican Nominee & Will He Beat Obama?

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

This thread will show us who the true prophets are.

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Romney, and it's still too early to give a serious prediction as to where the ball may bounce. I'd like to see where the economy is heading, as well as the choice of VP candidates before I answer one way or another. I do have a feeling that as with the last election, by October you should know who's taking this. Right now all I hear are giddy Democrats and self-loathing Republicans. The final analysis is somewhere in between.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Obama is going win the election.

• iceguy
    iceguy

The economy and fuel prices may determine if Obama is re-elected. Don't forget that McCain-Obama were pretty close until the market crashed. Since Bush was president the Republicans got the blame. This time Obama gets the blame since he is President, which could give Romney the election. I'm sure Romney will choose wisley who his VP will be unlike McCain.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    This time Obama gets the blame since he is president which could give Romney the election. I'm sure he will choose wisley who his VP will unlike McCain.

If I were Romney, I would pick Condeleeza Rice.

However, BotchtowerSociety has me kind of convinced that the pick may have already been made: Rand Paul.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

It will be Romney for the nom, and the election will turn on the economy. If things don't appreciably improve between now and November, it will be close. If they worsen, Romney will almost surely win. Gas prices are going up by the way. Obama has to be worried. Geithner is talking about releases from the strategic petroleum reserve (waste of time), and they are starting to backpedal on the Keystone XL decision. If Romney can get significant Paulian support, he will be in a strong position indeed.

Dems are turning out in Michigan to vote for Santorum, by the way. That tells you who they really fear.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    However, BotchtowerSociety has me kind of convinced that the pick may have already been made: Rand Paul.

Some Dems think it could be Marco Rubio. They are terrified of him and are firing up their character assassination machines to keep him from getting the nod.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/212919-dems-target-likely-veep-pick-rubio

Dems target likely veep pick Rubio

Democrats have started to wage a political assault against Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), and the intensity of their attacks will intensify in the coming weeks.

Senior officials in the Democratic Party anticipate that Mitt Romney will win the Republican presidential nomination and then tap Rubio to be his running mate.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Rubio would make it very tough for Obama in Florida - and it is tough for Obama to win re-election without Florida.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

If Romney wins it, it will be close but I don't see him as the candidate to beat Obama.

Santorum? If he wins, Obama is a clear winner

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Rubio would make it very tough for Obama in Florida - and it is tough for Obama to win re-election without Florida.

Rubio would deliver Florida on a silver platter, but I think Florida won't go for Obama anyway. The Dems are far more worried about how a Rubio pick would fire up the base (where Romney is weak) as well as his impact on the hispanic vote nationally. So the Dems will try to make it like he isn't really hispanic, or a sellout, or, as a last ditch effort, bring up some sort of sexual accusation like they did with Clarence Thomas and Herman Cain. When a "minority" rises in the Republican party, he simply must be destroyed by any means necessary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit