Which do you think is the most pernicious teaching of the JW's?

by Chariklo 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bigmac
    bigmac

this resurrection rubbish---especially if linked to death by refusing a blood transfusion.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

all the above and that they alone understand the Revelation book, that 1914 meant anything

• Matsimus
    Matsimus

Perhaps the organ transplant ban they had. Quite laughable that they taught to modern people that emotions are in the heart, nad a person would never be the same after a heart transplant. There more abyssmal part of it is that many died because of it, and just a few years later they changed the doctrine. How can that not be killing loyal followers?

• simon17
    simon17

That God doesn't listen to all prayers. Unless I have it wrong, and I don't think I do, JW's believe, and have been endlessly, ruthlessly taught, that only those living by "Jehovah's righteous standards"...that awful glib phrase again...will get their prayers listened to. In other words, God looks at the number the person is calling from, so to speak, checks who it is, looks him up in his book of misdeeds, and angrily slams the phone down.

Actually I don't think this is really true. God doesn't "listen" to all prayers in that he doesn't take any action if they are not in accord with his will, not in that he refuses to literally hear what is being said. So if Sinner X prayed for the 49ers to win Sunday morning, God would hear and ignore. If Sinner X then prayed for a Bible Study Sunday afternoon, he'd send Gabriel a-runnin' to direct pioneer Y to his house. I believe thats how it works.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

You could be right there, Simon. <deep sigh>

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit