Which do you think is the most pernicious teaching of the JW's?

by Chariklo 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

That they are loving like Jesus............and they tell the truth........but then the WTS says Jesus was a liar.

• its_me!
    its_me!

Great thread! All of the above. Especially telling parents that they cannot have relatinships with their children who are df'd or da'd. Talk about loss of natural affection. They are coercing people to do evil as if it is righteous. If there is a just god, I imagine that they will be in big trouble for misleading so many.

• Londo111
    Londo111

"The Faithful and Discreet Slave"--it is the Captivating Concept and Idolatry to boot.

• N.drew
    N.drew

They are looking forward to the day they cram their false teachings down the throats of great men and women the likes of David, Daniel, Ester and Ruth who if/when resurrected can tell us a few things about "the truth" I am sure.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The idea that they have no responsibility for the communities and societies they live in because this old system is going to be destroyed anyway.

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

"Jesus is not the mediator of the great crowd, only the mediator of the 144,000"

• mP
    mP

i wpuld have to say that the bible is NOT gods word. no other book has so many different religions, cults etc all claiming to be based on exactly what it says. there has to be something reallynwrong with the writing style ormcontents if it can be so easily twisted ornused to crste such utter nonsense prophecies. personally if i god wanted tomtell us about something like armageddon, instead of the riddles and complicated selextive math he should just say itnplain and simple in one place. something like the ten commandments where anyone can read them and understand without being a wizard. tye fact this is notbtur obviously has mesnt opportunists everywhere love to use the bible to pick certain scriptures and then tell usnwhat or who its talking about or when and so on.

i just love micah 5:3 which is supposed to prove jesus will be born in bethlehem, but if you read 5:7 it says --he- will defeat the asyrians. the whole chapter never really identifies whomits talkimg aboutnand certainly never says messiah. one would thimk if god wanted tomtell us about hismson being born in bethlehe,m he would justnsay so. probably the most tricky or dishonest part of the scam, is the text doesnt even mention bethlehem the town but the tribe of ephraim.

• N.drew
    N.drew

"instead of the riddles and complicated selective math he should just say in plain and simple in one place. something like the ten commandments where anyone can read them and understand without being a wizard. The fact this is not so, obviously has mesnt opportunists everywhere love to use the bible to pick certain scriptures and then tell us what or who it's talking about or when and so on".

This belongs on another topic "what is the most pernicious teaching of the Bible" but I want to say something.

Can it be a riddle because the originator and/or the writer of the words hopes beyond truth that some things DON'T happen but feels compelled to generate a warning because it most likely WILL happen?

"Your word is truth". Whenever The God utters words those words will happen. Somethings God does not WANT to happen. Of that I am sure.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble . Zion's Watch Tower 1894 July 15 p.226

• PenelopePaige
    PenelopePaige

I've prayed my entire life but stopped praying altogether after studying with the witnesses. They kept drilling in me what God would or would not listen to, what he likes and hates, blah blah, I just said, "F&^% it."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit