Tolerance

by Chariklo 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Tolerance of intolerance isn't tolerance at all, but surrender.

• journey-on
    journey-on

When you become too open-minded, your brains fall out.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Tolerance of intolerance isn't tolerance at all, but surrender

We need to distinguish between letting people show intolerance (ie making fools of themselves), and imposing their rules upon others.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Hi Retrovirus!

I think you're being too kind to the wt by omission.

Mea culpa. Believe me, I don't want to be kind to them at all. Not in any way whatsoever. I came so very close to being taken in by them. They came very near to succeeding, in full Borg fashion, in absorbing my individuality to their own....but then they worked out that I was far too individual and much too well educated and decided to come round here and tell me just how awful I was. All out of love, of course. Lovingly.

Ugh!

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    We need to distinguish between letting people show intolerance (ie making fools of themselves), and imposing their rules upon others.

I totally agree.

• cantleave
    cantleave

We should be intolerant of anyone or anything that spouts hate and division! Religion is bloody brilliant at doing just that, the fundamentalist moslems and christians who spout hatred should NOT be tolerated.

• cofty
    cofty

Sad to see Britain being taken over . No wonder Tim Minchin has so many references to Islam in his comedy.

Britain isn't being taken over. Muslim's are still a minority and radical Muslims are at tiny but very vocal and obnoxious minority.

By the way Tim Minchen is Australian.

• Violia
    Violia

yes he is an Aussie, but lives in London now. His skits reference Islam a lot.

I always wanted to live in London.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    We should be intolerant of anyone or anything that spouts hate and division! Religion is bloody brilliant at doing just that, the fundamentalist moslems and christians who spout hatred should NOT be tolerated.

Dead right, cantleave, you've got it. Just add after christians the words"or anyone else" and we've got a pretty good principle.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Agreed Chariklo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit