NewChapter

Record it.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Oh Billy, you so funny!!

If only I had the chance to actually say that to the local elders

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I told my brother who is an elder that I can no longer let other men guide my life - if the Bible doesn't clearly provide clear guidelines on certain subjects, anything the WT says is simply men's opinions that can change or could be wrong, leaving followers of men to pay the conscequences...If I am to pay conscequences of bad decisions, I'd rather give myself a chance by deciding on my own. This way I have a better chance to succeed and I will no longer feel frustrated for being mislead...I gave a few examples, like being encouraged to quit school because I would have no time to have a career since the end was so near (1975), to refuse medical treatments that are now allowed or to put faith in a "creative" definition of the word generation without any scriptural backing. This is evidence that these are all imperfect men's opinions.

My brother couldn't answer back or even condemn what I said. I told him that my rejection of WT teachings made me an apostate and that he should now hate me according to the latest WT article on the "mentallydeseased" and contageous individuals who abandon the faith. I asked him if he would contact my elders to warn them about me so he could maintain a good conscience...He replied that he loves me and that nothing would ever change in our relationship...Hope he can keep his word, but better yet, hope he looks into some of the topics we discussed.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

How much do they want to PAY for the visit? If it's a reasonable amount I think you should take it.

I could never get them to give me anything when they came to see me. They always wanted something!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...After 8 years I'd say to them, "why bother?" and refuse to meet with them. ...."

I like what Broken Promises said....

Whoops!! Just came to the part where you said you were df'd....

In that case, you could have some real fun.....

You COULD just blow up at them and give them a piece of your mind...

Or....

You could play "cat and mouse" with them.

Set up an appointment...

Call at the last minute to cancel it.

Apologize profusely and insist that you DO want to talk to them.

Set up another appointment.

Call at the last minute to tell them that your [pick one...] lawyer.... Co-worker who is an atheist/Satanist/Hindu.... Roman Catholic priest who's been studying the Jehovah's Witness' theology for years....

Wants to "sit in" on the session....

If you REALLY want to have some fun, get some REAL people - friends, fellow ex-JWs, teachers, whatever - to make up your list of those who "want to sit in on the session" at the last minute....

Above all, have FUN...!!!

Zid - the She-Devil

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...no one expects - - - the SPANISH INQUISITION !!!..."

Here ya go, Big Mac...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAn7baRbhx4

• VM44
    VM44

A visit from two elders? After eight years?

Please, just say no!

It will not be a friendly visit.

They want to interrogate you!

"Do you believe that The Watchtower is Jehovah's Organization?"

• blondie
    blondie

Do not meet with 2 elders alone...they have 2 witnesses to what is s aid and you only have your word against theirs. I have heard s tories from elders on how they trapped someone into incriminating themselves. They even use this tactic on other elders. After 8 years, love has not sent them to your door.

No pearls before swine, Blondie

• snakeface
    snakeface

It appears that your reason for agreeing to the visit is mostly because you want to find out WHY, after all this time, they want to visit you.

Does it really matter?

Don't concern yourself with WHY they want to visit. Concern yourself with whether or not you want to be in a room with them while they present their one-sided arguments to you.

They are not coming for a social visit. They are not coming to apologize to you and they are not open to hearing your "side" of the story - a story that ended 8 years ago when THEY slammed the book shut. They are not there to rewrite history. They are on a mission, most likely because the CO went thru the files and demanded from the elders an update on your status. They want to either invite you to come back (on their terms) or they want to figuratively spit in your face once again and reiterate their view that you are unworthy of life in God's New Order. Not because they care about your spirituality, but because they want to update their files. If they did care about you they would have contacted you much sooner.

If you had been disgracefully fired from a job 8 years ago and that former boss now wanted to visit you, would you agree to the visit?

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    Do not meet with 2 elders alone...they have 2 witnesses to what is s aid and you only have your word against theirs. I have heard s tories from elders on how they trapped someone into incriminating themselves. They even use this tactic on other elders. After 8 years, love has not sent them to your door.

That's exactly how I feel. As I reflect on how I was bullied last week, I know what I want to say, though I also know that these two men can and will twist whatever I say. So, two against one, no chance whatsoever, they can subsquently say whatever they like.And they come in love...NOT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit