Random Questions

by DT 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Ding's comment about the doctrine of the trinity was correct.

The Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry has this to say:

"It is the doctrine that there is only one God, not three, and that the one God exists in three persons: Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Father isn't the same person as the Son, the Son isn't the same person as the HS, etc."

Modalism would be the nontrinitarian belief that God is a single person who throughout the Bible has revealed himself in 3 modes or forms, first as the Father in the OT, next as the Son at the incarnation, and after Jesus' ascension as the HS.

Info from carm.org

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It's a funeral for a dead whore: The WTBTS .... I don't know when it's coming but I hope it's SOON!

• cofty
    cofty

Ding's comment about the doctrine of the trinity was correct. - Nobleheart
    ... substances existing as solid, liquid, and gas. - Ding

The proponents of Modalism were Noetus and Praxeas (late 2nd century CE) and Sabellius (3rd century CE)... One of the standard analogies for the Trinity is a good example of modalism: The Trinity is like water because water comes in three forms - ice, water, steam. This is Modalism because these are three states or modes of the substance water.

Some modalists believe that God revealed himself differently at different times in history, others believe that during any particular period of history God can reveal himself in different ways; so when God is acting as redeemer, that's God the Son, and so on. - BBC Website

I quoted this source since it is a neutral non-religious one. If you prefer a theological source I will find you one. Like I said 99% of people who claim to worship the trinity have only a vague idea what it means.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I don't think I would get a good reaction with any JW's I know. I'm the local apostate and they run the other way when they see me.

They skip locked places and yes years ago I was guilty of writing letters. EZ time

I think a lot would leave but then again not too many left when Ray left so I don't know

I don't hate chicken salad sand but they are not my favorite and I don't like raw onions

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

Trying to explain the trinity got me kicked out of a religious education lesson in high school once. The teacher asked "Can anyone tell me what the three-in-one is?" I put my hand up and said "yes miss, cleans, protects and lubricates". She replied "Peter, I really don't think that's right" so I said "yes it is, my dad's got a can in the garage".

• mP
    mP

what if the bibnle was nothing but astr theology and full of zodiac and astrology references which it is.

- job 38:31,32 dont read nwt which delibrately skops translatimg most if not all the key words.

-amos 5:8

_gen 49 twelve tribes are aasociated with a zodiacal sign

-'search youtube and google for --astrotheology bible-- or --zodiac gospels-- etc

hard to believe but even josephus the respected historiam himself said the twelve tribes were the twelve signs of the zodiac.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit