Random Questions

by DT 35 Replies latest jw friends

• DT
    DT

I just had some random thoughts and questions and decided it might be tiresome to start a different thread for each one, so I'm consolidating.

Suppose someone had a sign showing a picture of a gun pointed at you and a caption saying "This shun gun is pointed at you." Then suppose this sign was shown to visiting Jehovah's Witnesses without saying a single word. How do you think they would react?

How do Jehovah's Witnesses in your area deal with locked apartment buildings? I remember when I was still in, they would just skip them and say that someone writes to them. Are there actually Witnesses writing to these people on a regular basis? I've been in an apartment for years and have never received a letter or a visit. Could it be that Jehovah's Witnesses are failing to deliver the "good news" in even countries like the United States where they have a lot of members?

If the entire Governing Body was removed and disfellowshipped and started their own religion, but without the enormous assets of the Watchtower Society, how many Witnesses do you think would follow them? What if they were able to get some of the assets, including the name Jehovah's Witnesses and the right to publish the Watchtower?

Who else hates chicken salad sandwiches?

Can anyone come up with a simple definition of the Trinity?

If you were stranded on a desert island and could only have one movie, book and cd, what would be your choices?

If that island had no food, but if you could have unlimited credit at a fast food restaurant of your choice to be built on the island, which restaurant would you choose?

Who else has some random questions or thoughts?

• cofty
    cofty

Can anyone come up with a simple definition of the Trinity?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Are you going to eat that?

• Ding
    Ding

With regard to the Trinity, the doctrine is that within the nature of the one true God are three distinct persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Analogies would be space consistings of length, width, and depth...

... time consisting of past, present, and future...

... substances existing as solid, liquid, and gas.

• cofty
    cofty

No that would be modalism not trinity.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Yep, lots of random thoughts, my mind wanders all the time, heck sometimes I don't think it's with me; however, sometimes if I do remember to get it out of the jar on the dresser I have to quote Homer Simpson and say, "shut up brain or I'll poke you with a Q-tip!"

Most of the time though I just enjoy the ride, how else would I be able to suffer through the meat-ings and assembleeds?

• scary21
    scary21

Chicken salad is good unless it has big chucks of raw onion.

Taco bell for food..... Oueen ( A night at the opera ) for music. The Devil in the White City.... (by Erik Larson ) along with a Dictionary for reading.

Trinity.......you have a family...there's John Doe , Jane Doe, and Tom Doe.....three people.... but they are all Does.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I hate chicken salad sandwiches. I only like chicken salad on lettuce.

I would choose a fazoli's restaurant on my desert island.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Ding....... I mean....... Seriously...... That is the worst reasoning for any biblical doctrine ever...

God is the colour blue with white stripes! How do we know this? It's obvious..... Car hoods can be red with white stripes..... And don't they look mighty? Don't they often sound mighty? a mustang in particular looks good with a red hood with white stripes, mustangs were horses, horses evolved with a common ancestor to a dog.... Now this is the bit that will give you goose bumps.... Ready?.... Spell D.O.G backwards..... That's right! And hence god is blue with white stripes (a prophetic hand to the last days as there s also 'randomly' a band called the white stripes in Satans system.... A coincidence the Darwinists would claim!)

Dont you see the undeniable logic? No....? Maybe your heart is closed to Jebus Crisp.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Just to be clear ding, unless you are in some way challenged I can not for the life of me believe you defended the recent, catholic created doctrine of the trinity by simply naming things in life with 3 elements to them..... Does that ACTUALLY WORK for you?

True power today can be personified by a wall plug for an appliance, when you open itt what do you see? That's right a LIVE, a NEGATIVE and an EARTH wire! 3 in 1 ...... A trinity!

Remember when the society used to defend the existance of god/holy spirit by saying " can you see electricity? ...... No, its invisible! But do you say it doesnt exist? No because you can see its powerful effects....". Such ignorant and unscientific and illogical reasoning only works for the IQ challeneged and education denied brain washed with indoctrination followers of a movement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit