Ridiculous Memorial Invitation!

by PrincessCynic 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

Has anyone seen this year's memorial invitation? Maybe someone could post a picture.

On the front is a question to the householder, 'HOW DO YOU VIEW JESUS?'

Then it gives multiple choices with accompanying pictues:

As a newborn baby?

A dying man?

Or an exalted king?

Then after posing this personal, viewpoint question, it says, 'YOU ARE INVITED TO HEAR THE ANSWER'.

Is it just me or does this make no sense? So random member of the public has to go to a meeting at the Kingdumb Hall to find what their own view of Jesus is...?

Has the WTBTS totally forgotten that worldly normal people are quite capable of knowing what their own views are without being given them at the KH?

I can't believe that millions of these are going to be distributed. How embarrassing!

I certainly won't be spending 30 hours next month handing out this rubbish.

• wannabefree
  • PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

thanks for the link, I knew I couldn't have been the first person to spot their error. I wonder how many JWs will notice or if they'll all just shove them through letter boxes without having bothered to read them.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

It is a major slip-up by the WTS, no doubt. Rank & file dubbies don't mind being told what to think, but the millions of 'worldlies' who will be invited to attend the Memorial might resent that !

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Actually, the answer is given on the back ... EXALTED KING! ... no need to go now

• Scully
    Scully

In other words, they don't give a $h!t what your view is, they're going to tell you what they think it ought to be, whether you like it or not!!

• sir82
    sir82

Yes I commented on the other thread how bizarre it is.

It just goes to show how out of touch & extraordinarily insular Bethel is.

They are so used to commanding how JWs feel ("You are the happiest people on earth!!!") that they don't even register that, hey, maybe most normal people don't need to attend a religious service to determine how they themselves "view Jesus", that the idea that "we will tell you what you feel" would be considered offensive to rational, sane people.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Look, when I want to know your opinion I'll give it to you!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I don't view Jesus, he is never on the Telly.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Depends on the time of the year.

A newborn at Christmas, a dying man on Good Friday, and an exhalted king on Easter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit