How truly happy are you?

by Freeof1914 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Freeof1914
    Freeof1914

I am just curious to hear of some you who have left the org completely, how happy are you? In my situation I feel like I am on a precipice and about to make a leap into the unknown. Since I have told my family elders and wife that I will mo longer go to the meetings or out on service I feel as if a load has been lifted. I finally feel like a person, an individual. I cannot recall when was the last time I felt truly happy though. Freedom and happiness are two seperate things. i am hoping that this freedom will allow me to find my happiness. I am just curious as to some of the emotions that you went through upon le

• Freeof1914
    Freeof1914

Sorry my Ipad froze. Upon leaving the org. We are so indoctrinated to believe that there is only happiness in the watchtower. What has helped you feel happy. I am not referring to a passing happiness, I am talking about that feeling of contentment that at times feels so elusive to so many of us. That feeling of peace, of refelcting on your life and knowing that you are in a great place; in the place that you were meant to be.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

I am SUPER happy! Everything is perfect!

• Freeof1914
    Freeof1914

How long after leaving did you feel that way? What helped you? I am 200% sure of my decision to leave, but still afraid ofmthe unknown. Just wondering what allowed you to move on in such a positive manner?

• Confucious
    Confucious

"You shall know the truth... and the truth shall set you free."

Now that you know the truth about the WT Society... it sets you free.

Doesn't mean you hate God. It doesn't even mean you hate your "brothers."

Just means that - you are free.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

It could be a problem for you Freeof1914. If you like being part of a group, you might feel a little lost once you leave. Or, if you have invested heavily in the Watchtower's false promises, you may feel you lack a purpose in life; and have to spend some months soul-searching to find a new direction that is truly you. This is just a transition stage though, and then you will go on your own sweet way. Except that nobody lives forever.... which is a problem.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I am 100% happy as well. It took awhile for me to break free of the mental grips the WT had on me but, time made it better. Once I realized TTATT(the truth about the truth), I embraced life with everything.

The most difficult aspect for me was dealing with my mom who is still in. It has been hard to deal with knowing that she desparately wants me to return and that is never gonna happen.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I'm pretty happy. Of course life has its ups and downs.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm happier on the outside than I was in.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Hello Freeof1914

Everyone is different and I think we all leave it at different stages. Of course situations are different and some have the cooperation of their families etc.

To be honest I felt happy 1 month before i stopped going to meetings and 5 months before i was disfellowshipped. I knew that i would be and that it could have a major impact on my happiness. So i decided to be strategic and i planned for the future. I increased my income, i found new friends, i got myself a boyfriend who i love, i secured my familys support, i made sure my spirituality was tip top and when i was finaly disfellowshipped, i simply said.... whatever!

In my opinion i have lost nothing, and anything i have lost wasnt worth keeping anyway.

In terms of what helped me, positivity is a good thing, support from friends and family is crucial, having people to talk to and who will listen is important. This forum was WONDERFUL to me. So many good people here who encouraged me. I understand what you mean about the unknown. I was the same. I had no idea what my life would be after i left, but i was sooooo sure of something.... that my life HAD to be better than what it was when i was a JW. I was so miserable and depressive. Leaving was the best thing i ever did.

Keep in touch! :) x

Timmy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit