Beards

by snare&racket 11 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I am sure this has been posted a million times and said by most JW's, but it is an important point..... BEARDS.

Beards being forbidden is something we just all accepted. How dumb and stupid were we ! I am going to say the obvious now that every JW has said "But Jesus and Moses and the fairy godmother had a beard in the bible!"

But it goes deeper than that, this is a VERY trong rule in the JW's and if you went to the bible, not only does every charachter have one, they have one because God has quite specific rules (fantasies) about men and their soup catchers...

The only words from God about beards are LEAVE THEM ALONE.... what happened to being overly cautious in pleasing god ?

This issue is significant as it proves the WT is all about obeying THEM ! I dont think they have any weird problems with beards, i think they are stuck in the 30's and think beards are unkept and all the other crap they say about gods wonderful handy work (fingers were crossed). But yeah, the only words from god on beards are all pro beard, yet a beard can lose you your privelages and place in gods earthly organisation... according to some .

Lev 19:27

Numbers 6:5

Judges 13:5

Numbers 6:18

Also beards are awesome, a visual must for any explorer, biker, god of thunder or viking. Mens men.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George
    Also beards are awesome, a visual must for any explorer, biker, god of thunder or viking. Mens men.

LOL, I like that!!! Men's men!!!!!! Can a real man eat yogurt? But I agree, the beard policy is ridiculous. Hell, the fact that the WT has policies shows just ludicrous of an organization they are.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I agree I'd put up the topic though or you won't get much feedback

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

yeah the topic freaked out and now it wont let me edit it ........ maybe its anti beard hacking from the beardless leaders....

• sizemik
    sizemik

It's obvious Jehovah loves beards . . . he's got one himself.

You only have to check out the roof of the Sistene Chapel . . . although he created Adam clean-shaven . . . probably so he could have the pleasure of growing it himself. Jehovah is extremely loving like that.

It's in the bible.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Great post... exposes the org for what it is... a religion which focuses so much on such petty little things instead of focusing on the more important things. Straining out the gnat and gulping down the camel indeed!

Beards was always my pet hate as a JW. If i could have one... ID HAVE ONE! Now I have been out for a year, and I still have the pack of razors I bought before my final ever meeting last April!!!

Timmy xxx

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Why only men? So sexist! I know aloooooooooot of sisters who need to shave.

Sorry, I forgot women are worthless in JW land; so preach on bearded lady, preach on!

Theheheh

• just Ron
  • Kojack57
    Kojack57

While reading Ray Franz book "crisis of conscience" I remember judge Rutherford traveled to Germany and while at the printing facilities over there he encountered a brother with a beard fashioned after C.T. Russell. They were at the bethel breakfast table and this bearded brother asked judge Rutherford for a new printing press.

Rutherford sat there for awhile still eating and said "I'll get you the new press only if you get rid of that" pointing at the brothers face. The next morning he shaved his beard and came to the bethel table with his head hanging low.

I don't think Rutherford cared a lot for C.T.Russell with a beard and also disregarded his wishes before he died in other matters pertaining to the society as well. That act in itself in my opinion was a powerful statement to other cult members as to why they don't allow beards to this day. This shows us why this cult must be avoided at all cost. No scriptural bases whatsoever.Hypocrites, Pharisees, charlatans.

Need I say more!!!!

Kojack57

• harleybear
    harleybear

I weighed in on the original thread about beards. As a born in woman the cong elders had us gals come up on the stage, drop to our knees to be sure our skirts touched the floor. That was 1971. Around that time the WTS was out of control . Any facial hair, long side burns, short skirts and yes colored dress shirts for the bro's was a big no no. I remember my great aunt having a fit about sisters wearing "granny dresses and wigs". I got ripped for colored eye shadow and call a Jezebel. Brothers were told that they could not wear cowboy boots to the meeting. ( that went over well in Montana) Cong members could not fish or hunt ( again won lots of points in Montana) and finally I was told I was not being theocratic because I owned a Harley. Mess with my bike and you will have a problem. Yicks the micro brain drain from those people is nuts. So glad to be out. Harleybear ridin free Makes ya want to grow a beard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit