Chain of correspondence with Society regarding pedophilia

by cedars 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• james_woods
    james_woods

Thank you, sizemik.

Again, I must say that I hate the molestors and the people that protect them.

But I guess I have taken up the mantle of those who want us to stay reasonable in our protest of all this horror.

Thank you - again,

James

• steve2
    steve2
    Lessons can be learned by all . . . but usually are, only by some.

Sizemilk, you write incredibly well on this topic. While there may be perhaps one or two points we do not see eye-to-eye on, more often than not your comments have me re-thinking my earlier posts.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    It cuts both ways . . . "Let him who comes before the court of equity do so with clean hands." All facts were easily verifiable . . . by a simple phone call for those who were that eager for facts. A number prefer to read accounts with their fingers hovering over a keyboard . . . and even ignore provided links entirely. Even reading past posts on the same thread, let alone past threads, is completely beyong their skill set. I've always maintained that some subjects deserve our personal consideration and some investigation. Steven admitted to his mistakes and regrets them. Lessons can be learned by all . . . but usually are, only by some.

Agreed, Steve 2. Agreed, sizemik.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

my gawd enough already. Hasn't this been beaten to death yet?

Wasn't it just yesterday I said

Let he who has no sin cast the first stone.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OK I am reopening the thread. My apologies if I stepped in too hastily

Please do not let this turn into another opportunity to bash anyone

• james_woods
    james_woods

Thanks, I was wondering why you closed it, LadyLee -

I thought everyone was being extra polite -

but it should go without saying that nobody should accuse the Society (or JWs in general) with MURDER unless they well and truly have their facts in order.

• cedars
    cedars
    it should go without saying that nobody should accuse the Society (or JWs in general) with MURDER unless they well and truly have their facts in order.

Agreed. I would like to reiterate that the correspondence does not represent evidence of murder.

Cedars

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Barbara isn't claiming the WBTS has a Hit Squad..

Barbara Anderson isn't doing a show about the WBT$ "Underground Hit Squad"..

It`s correspondence to the WBT$.the WBT$ has responded to..

It`s FYI..

If this was Ricks story You could be dam sure..

He would work it for all it`s worth and twist it every way imaginable..

Comparing Barbara Anderson to Rick Fearon is Ridiculous..

....................;-)...OUTLAW

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

wow, MUCH RESPECT to Lady Lee. i've been on countless internet forums, and I think this is possibly the first time I've seen a mod rethink their position and apologise. While, im not sure an apology is required, its much apperciated. Lady Lee is a great mod, and is one of the reasons this is such a great forum. and this is also one of the reasons why when a mod here makes a decision that i dont agree with, i can respect it because i know that the mod is good at what they do, and reasonable, and not on a power trip like some mods on other forums. (not talking about anyone in particular or even another jw board, just boards in general.) keep up the good work and thanks for taking time out of your schedule to be a mod.

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks Lady Lee - I was puzzled by your earlier decision and at the same time well knew how you felt about the other topic having been aired ad infinitum. I so agree!

I've been very careful to keep the current topic on the letters to the Society separate from the previous one about the case in Australia. I support others who consider you to be a very fair moderator. Thanks again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit