Did you miss out on a career opportunity when you were a JW?

by moshe 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I had a relative who started university at the age of 18. Within weeks he was suffering from cancer. The cancer as defeated by chemotherapy.

His last hurdle was a "cleanup" operation performed without blood despite grave warnings from anaethsetist and surgeon. My much loved relative died from blood loss.

He was the first and last from my family to go to university. I grieve for him and what might have been. So yes, he missed out!

• JeffT
    JeffT

Following graduation from college in 1973 I turned down an opportunity to go to grad school and became a JW instead. Corrected that nine years later by going back to school no matter what they told me.

Azazel: if its any consolation my BA was in English with a minor in history. If there had been jobs for English teachers I might have skipped the JW part. I got a certificate in accounting, and I'm now using my knowledge in two subjects to write business documents (policy and procedure manuals, business plans) and general business articles.

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

Considering four of the elders were and are lecturers in the congo i was in, i really dont think that they could have said anything. When I studied at college not one word was said to me. Two of the elders taught accounting one internal design and one building.

I studied psychology and then took a course in internal design. Majored in psychology nothing was ever said to me about it being wrong.

Interesting however is a sister in another congo who was told she was wasting her time, she studied graphic design and computer design and was the model JW. Amazingly, she was told...."you could use those skills at bether or a branch office'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit