What are your favourite movie lines/quotes????

by karter 183 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

I know it's a chick flick, but since I'm secure in my masculinity, I'll give a huge plug here for Steel Magnolias. It is cram-packed with great lines!

Here's a couple that didn't even make the list of "memorable" quotes:

"Ice tea is the house wine of the South."

"He is a boil on the butt of humanity."

Here's a link to tons of others:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098384/quotes

Oh, and a fave from the Princess Bride:

"You keep using that word," (inconceivable) "I do not think it means what you think it means."

om

• elderelite
    elderelite

Fair well and adiu fair spanish ladies... fair well and adiu you ladies of spain - captian qint, jaws

(for flipper) "slow ahead... i can slow ahead... how about you come down here and chum some of this shit" - chief martin brody, to hooper, as he throws a ladel of chum on to the head of a great white shark, just before uttering the famous line 'your going to need a bigger boat'

• elderelite
    elderelite

oh from the princess bride -

"as it happens, your friend here is MOSTLY dead. There's a big differance between ALL dead and MOSTLY dead" - miracle max (billy crystal)

• karter
    karter

"Beam me up Scotty"....star treck.

Karter.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Do, or do not. There is no "try".

Yoda - The Empire Strikes Back

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

This is my rifle. This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without my rifle, I am nothing. Without my rifle, I am nothing. Without me, my rifle is nothing.
    Jarhead
    In fact pretty much the whole Jarhead script....
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Jay Cartwright: Don't you know about foreign police? They take you up a hill, beat you up and then they bum you!

Neil Sutherland: Yeah. and if they don't kill you, you kill yourself because of the shame of you getting a boner whilst you was being bummed!

The Inbetweeners Movie (sorry for the rudeness...)

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it. (Fistful of Dollars 1964. IMBd Quotes)

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Jack nicolson - "you make me want to be a better man"

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

9: Why do you listen to 1?
    5: A group must have a leader.
    9: But what if he's wrong?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit