Higher Education compared to sacrificing your child to Moloch!

by Vidqun 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

I guess all the moderates of the GB are dead.

When Henschel and Sydlik died, all hope was gone.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

LHG, that's one of the red flags that went up for me. In one of the talks at an assembly, Higher Education was seriously discouraged. They had a youngster up on the platform, explaining how he gave up his college course to pioneer. The one that presented the information praised him for his action. The audience clapped in appreciation. Next came the announcements, advertising the Bethel meeting. And of course, they needed registered lawyers, nurses, dentists, doctors, etc. Then I knew something was seriously wrong. The UN-NGO debacle sealed it for me. I hate hypocrisy!

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

LHG, that's one of the red flags that went up for me. In one of the talks at an assembly, Higher Education was seriously discouraged. They had a youngster up on the platform, explaining how he gave up his college course to pioneer. The one that presented the information praised him for his action. The audience clapped in appreciation. Next came the announcements, advertising the Bethel meeting. And of course, they needed registered lawyers, nurses, dentists, doctors, etc. Then I knew something was seriously wrong. The UN-NGO debacle sealed it for me. I hate hypocrisy!

Ya gotta love it!!!!!! Classic.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I think I had completely stopped attending WT/JW conventions and assemblies before 10 years ago and thus I wasn't likely at the circuit assembly mentioned in the first posts of topic thread. Can anyone using this website tell me if the idea of higher education being compared to sacrifice to Molech/Moloch ended up in any of the printed literature of the WT? If it did which specific literature did it appear in?

Note: My internet browser was in "Work Offline" mode when I initially tried submitting this post. When I realized that I then interrupted the submission process (before it reached stage two of the process). If a duplicate of my post eventually gets posted, please understand that it accidentally happened. I only want one copy of the post to appear.
  • Vidqun
    Vidqun

Disillusioned, can't remember whether that was a wisecrack elder giving his opinion or an actual occurrence. Too far back. If it did crop up at an assembly, it comes from the top. The circuit and district overseer usually listened to the talks to vet them (not sure about today). I do know they hated Higher Education and discouraged it with all they got. On the Service Meeting I remember a part where an elder discouraged a young brother to study Computer Science. He told him to rather pioneer and support himself by refurbishing second hand microwaves. In the mean time I knew the daughter of this elder was away studying at a college. What hypocrisy! I don't have the JW resources anymore to look it up. Perhaps somebody with a collection of older publication or CD-ROMS can look it up for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit