What's Bad About Us (ExJws)???

by minimus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Is there anything bad about us?----- We know how to disect JW's quite well. (I'm a surgeon).

I'm just thinking out loud.------Are we that much better or do we still think like them at times?

Sometimes, I still think I'm in the Kingdom Hall and I'm at my computer.

• cantleave
    cantleave

As a Satan worshipping, alcoholic, drug addicted waste of life - I see nothing wrong with me.

• undercover
    undercover

"We" are all at different stages of recovery from being a JW. So some are going to still have that JWthink, while those that have been around the block on the outside, now have real world thinking skills.

No matter how much we recover though, we all have bad traits. Too critical...too suspicious... cynical, skeptical. Those are mine. Those can be good to a degree...keep me from getting duped again. I stay on my toes. I don't trust easily. But there's a downside to that. When things are on the up-and-up, I'll tend to find a something negative...because I was raised in a life of negativity. I'm working on it. I have good times and bad times, but it's my stake to drag...

• minimus
    minimus

UC, I can relate but I think it's my nature on top of being raised a JW. And I prefer to be discerning than to be taken in by anybody!

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

Minimus, when it comes to XJWs and JWs, I tend to think that both are at risk of seeing the other in unrealistic or stereotypical ways. Some JWs really do behave like stereotypical JWs. But some XJWs behave badly too. Both only succeed in reinforcing the stereotype when they do this. It's better to just realize that we're all people and we don't fit very snugly into any category.

We, like them, are human. Sometimes, people don't even fully understand their own motivations. JWs are quick to accuse us of this. Again, we're often quick to do the same back at them. Who's right? Well, it's not like there's a category for each. Sometimes some JWs are right, sometimes some of us are. That's just how it is with human beings.

• Sulla
    Sulla

Obviously, there is great variation within the X-JWs. But one problem is that simply being an X doesn't do much to change the (un)thinking habits that got people involved in that religion in the first place. You still see a significant level of JW ways of thinking: too often the same set of poorly-identified assumptions and childish reasoning is simply re-directed against the JWs. Remember: most XJWs thought JW-ism was really a good idea at one time. Takes real effort to get past that. Not everybody has made good progress.

• minimus
    minimus

Well said, Issac and Sulla!

• Mr Facts
    Mr Facts

cantleave - WOW!, could you imagine that kind of expression from an ex elder, a former shepherd of the house of the true God. Who had the privilege to deliver the memorial talk about 2 years ago. What a pity!, Guys have really been let loose.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    What's Bad About Us (ExJws)???

Depends who's asking and who's listening. Those who say "you're not making good progress" usually have an agenda for what that progress is.

In the end, xjws are no better or worse than anyone else. Just different stuff...

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

What is bad about us?

Like Winston Smith, we dare to disagree..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit