Why enact legislation with penalties for non compliance,then do nothing when an org.refuses to comply ??

by smiddy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

The mind boggles: The Australian Government / Victorian government is held up to ridicule by people all over the world for failing to prosecute the WTB&TS, eg.Jehovahs Witnesses, for refusing to obtain Working With Children Checks over a period of three years,in spite of the various agencies offering to give advice and assistance over that period of time to obtain one. They arrogantly refused any such help. Today we learn that the Dept.Of Prosecutions has taken over the case with the intent to dismiss this case because it`s" not in the public interest." Well I`ll be buggered,!!! the protection of children in the state of victoria is not in the public interest??. Why did not the police act for the protection of children ? Why in the world did all these other organizations take out WWC Checks, spending thousands of dollars to do so,when the WTB&TS gets off scott free for not complying for over three years ? If I were you I would be asking for my money back.This is a blight on the judiciary of Australia/Victoria enhancing the view that the law is an ass. Beleive you me this case has attracted world wide attention.

smiddy

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Believe me, if the Washtowel Slaveholdery wasn't currently involved with the One World Totalitarian Government, they wouldn't get away with it. Others that got away with major crimes include the Morgue Stanley, JP Morgue, and Goldman Sack (all major banks). And the Fed.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Smiddy asked,

"Why enact legislation with penalties for non compliance,then do nothing when an org.refuses to comply?

"

I think this is the major question of the day. People who are aware of this case are wondering about the lack of logic, the lack of common sense, and the lack of child protective law in the law.

• Azazel
    Azazel

I sincerely hope the GB in their ivory tower look with smug satisfaction that they have routed the enemy from thier gates. I hope they are as smug as the Jewish religious leaders were as they drove the Romans of in 66CE. What goes around will come around and pay them back for their disregard for children.

Smiddy i just feel so tired now.

Az

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I see crap like this alot on the local level. Laws with zero enforcement written in. We have laws against flying over certian areas at night for noise. They hand out the violations, but no one collects, because authority to collect wasn't written into the law. Rumour is that certain pilots have 50k+ in fines.

• smiddy
  • hotspur
    hotspur

Trying to take a positive out of this.

I see this now as having greater impetus for the Media to investigate. As you've acknowledged - a law without teeth which is designed to protect children is signally, a failure.

Now that the Government is failing to support it's own laws (be it National or State) it must be easy to get people in the Media behind it. There aint nothing quite like a good scandal for Newspapers and TV to get their teeth into.

One thing I know about the Aussies - once they get riled out of a sense of injustice there is nothing in the world that will stop them fighting for it! It needs to be "out there" fully in the Public arena.

• Azazel
    Azazel

There is a Victorian radio host named Derryn Hinch who actually went to jail for publically naming convicted pedophiles who had thier names supressed. I will try an email to him and raise his awarness of this travisty of justice.

Az

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Ironicly

i wonder if NOW the newspapers might be interested?

Pretty much thought this was going to happen, I realized a long time ago that the law was an ass. They have made a complete mockery of their own laws, and i imagine the good people who drafted this legislation are dumbfounded as well.

Like you say smiddy, wonder what all the other religions will do? If i was leading the catholics or lutherans or whatever i would advise my church to disobey the 'laws' too.

Oz

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Ironicly

i wonder if NOW the newspapers might be interested?

Pretty much thought this was going to happen, I realized a long time ago that the law was an ass. They have made a complete mockery of their own laws, and i imagine the good people who drafted this legislation are dumbfounded as well.

Like you say smiddy, wonder what all the other religions will do? If i was leading the catholics or lutherans or whatever i would advise my church to disobey the 'laws' too.

Oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit