Im new and curious

by SushilLuffy 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• SushilLuffy
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

You may wish to use another browser to post with, or use the compatability button first on I E 9

Big Welcome !

Tell us a bit about yourself.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Hi there, this seems to happen a lot....look forward to hearing from you

• SushilLuffy
    SushilLuffy

Hello

im 26 and just started going to the "Rikets Sal" as we call it here in Norway. It has been a strange change in my life

I have a muslim father, mother, sister (most likely being influenced by them, or maybe it will take her time, cause I dont want to pressure her)

When I was a kid I got a yellow bright book called "Fortellinger fra Bibelen" - "stories from the bible". It has been stuck into my mind since I first read it. I remember it was so fun and I really enjoyed it. But then something changed. I started playing football and became a psychotic West Ham United fans. I remember saying "Now I know God excists" when entering Boleyn Ground. I think that is kind of funny when I think about it now. I even idolized the players and went completly nuts when 'my' player had the ball or when we scored. I was shouting things like "break his leg" and other things that I cant understand now. I cant believe I behaved like that. I still enjoy watching football, cross-country skiien, slalom and other winter activities, but its not that important. Its fun when West Ham wins, but I dont run around the pub (dont go to pubs anymore, still weak so the sight of alcohol will make me want to empty a whole bottle in seconds) or shout and swear or curse them. Now im taking down the flag with three crosses ingraved into the castle. THe friends I used to think im crazy. I was ready for having a big West Ham tattoo on my arm to show the world im West Ham tru' and tru'. Crazy ain't it?

This summer when I was waiting for the bus there were two young guys with red ties around their necks trying talk to people and give them the book of mormon. I was kind of sad that people were just walking away from them so I went to them to have a talk. Suddenly they started coming to my house daily and tried to make me quit smoking in 14 days and babtize me. I said "OK" - everyday I had problems. THings were moving too fast. When they came to me they threw away my cigg and if I had ONE beer they startedcomplaining and said "Now you have to start anew and wait 14 days till you can get babtized". The days went and I was close to the time when I was getting babtized.

Then one day, when it was couple of days left I got a feeling I just had to call "Rikets Sal". I found the number and called. A guy called XXXX picked up. I asked him "Do you have time today or a meeting or something?" his answer was "It starts in 10 minutes" - my response was "I'll get a taxi and come right away, just give me the add" XXXX was really something, like a lunatic he drove just to pick me up even tho he had a job to do at "RIkets Sal". When I arrived I was soooooooooo afraid, but the sight of people hugging eachother, calling eachother brothers and sisters made me feel nice. What a great way to behave and greet eachother! The meeting had begun when we arrived, but I felt so well after the meeting. So many of my questions was beeing answered. The book I read years ago came back to me and that was soooooooooo cool. I used to love the stories of David.

Sorry Im getting tired so I have to quit writing now, but let me end with The Yellow Book (my book of stories from the bible) is a great beginning and will stick with you till you are old and some of your questions always gets answered when you go to "Rikets Sal"

Im still new and im looking forward to the day I feel like I can get babtized (no pressure :) It may be in five or ten years, only Jehova knows

• SushilLuffy
    SushilLuffy

I still talk to XXXX everyday and Its so fun. Coffee, cakes, discussions and knowledge about Jehova.

The green grass, and that he said "we will live in Jehova's memory when we die" and Jesaja 41:10 and 41:13 gave me something special.

I even bought a dress, made a date that before 15 may I will quit smoking and with the help of Jehova this will work out well. I have started to feel better about myself. I have lost friends, but made spiritual brothers and we have so much fun and now I dont feel sad about losing those friends I used to have, but I feel sorry for them in another way. I wish they would want to know about Jehova cause it gives you so much.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

Please check out the organization and its history thoroughly before you go any farther.

In other words, don't just go by a child's picture book and the "brother"/"sister" love bombing you see at the meetings.

Find out what life in the organization is really like.

Go to www.jwfacts.com and read up on the background of the organization.

Also, please first read Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz, a book by a former member of the Governing Body.

This book gives his inside account of the workings of the organization at the highest level.

If you join without doing this, they will forbid you to do it later.

• flipper
    flipper

SUSHILUFFY- Welcome to the board ! I agree with what Ding says , highly recommend doing as he suggests. Look forward to hearing more from you . Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• SushilLuffy
    SushilLuffy

One step at a time. Firstly I have to continue with the little yellow book called "what does the bible mean" We are still on first chapter and have been there since June/July.

Just texted my friends and asked them to get the book you mentioned. THank you !

• still thinking
    still thinking

Hi again, please take some advice from Ding.

Check out http://www.jwfacts.com/ as soon as possible.

There is a lot you don't know about the witnessess and they will not tell you.

Stay here a while and read through some old posts, they are very informative about JW history and beliefs.

Welcome to the forum

• SushilLuffy
    SushilLuffy

THank you for the advice, will investigate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit