Question about the memorial :)

by TimothyT 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Purza
    Purza

The first one you miss is the hardest. However, it gets easier every year you do not attend and pretty soon you wonder why you every thought attending was important. I haven't gone since 2003 and, except for finding out the date on this site, I don't think about it one bit.

Purza

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I imagine that back in the 1st century with the large households and the house-churches, combined with the custom of eating and drinking when the Christians got together, that the ceremony of the bread and wine would be performed quite often, maybe weekly. I think Watchtower has screwed up, as they screw everything up. Even if there were 2 classes, why shouldn't they all partake? The JW interpretation is nuts.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Haha... thanks everyone.

To be honest... im not bothered one bit that i will miss it. I know im still on this board but I dont see anything the JWs say anymore as having authority. When i was mentally out of the borg this time last year, i began to appreciate that if they didnt agree with me, then i would research and reinvent what i knew to be Christianity. This involved lots of reading which was so fun and culminated in me having a much better and more biblicaly aligned belief in Jesus.

As Transhuman68 put it, the JW interpretation is nuts!!!

Timmy x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit