JW Virgin Vasectomy

by Rummy1 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Rummy1
    Rummy1

How's this for jw mind control?(Embarrasing but true)
    I feel humiliated posting this but I think it needs to be said to illustrate the absolute stupidity of jw "mind control"and the lengths innocent young people will go to further"kingdom interests"..
    Here goes.....when I was 21 I was still a jw virgin but was courting a jw pioneer (I was reg. pioneer also) Because of the impending last days and Armageddon looming according to WT I decided that I (WE) would never have children in "this system of things" so ...guess what..I had a vasectomy!How dunb is that??
    For the past 2-3 years (I have since divorced the "sister" I was with who absolutely agreed with my decision!) I have begun to regret this foolish decision I made at such a young and impressionable age.
    I doubt if there is any turning back as the longer you leave it the harder a "reversal" is possible.............comments please?....

• Scully
    Scully

Rummy,

Don't blame yourself. You were misguided and misled.

If you're serious about reversing the procedure, talk to your doctor and ask for a referral to a urologist. Even if the chances of a reversal are small, there are alternatives like in vitro fertilization, where your sperm can be harvested (you're still producing the little critters) and used to fertilise your partner's ova.

And when you've got a baby on the way, call up your ex and gloat, ok??

Love, Scully

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

I see so you must have had that done during the brief time it was ok to get a Vasectomy. They changed that a few summers ago to a 'no no' again.
    Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• terafera
    terafera

Rummy,

Your story broke my heart! I hope you can get it reversed.. if not, like Scully mentioned, since you are still making sperm they can collect it and impregnate your lady. I think it would be easier in a man's case, than in a woman's... kind of like you, I was told after my son that I shouldnt have more kids and at 20 I had my tubes tied. Now at 28 I would love to have more children. My case was different though, because of health problems, but still..

I am under the opinion that men can get help easier than if a woman wanted to reverse it.

Good luck!!!!!

• JT
    JT

ck into it you maybe able to get a reverse

• Carmel
    Carmel

Forget the reversal! The world has enough people. Consider adopting a houseful.. then you really have something to be proud of!

carmel

• butalbee
    butalbee

Go see a doctor, maybe they can put yeah back on straight.

Poor boy, I really feel for you.

• Beans
    Beans

Ther is one good thing here,nobody can say you got them pregnant!
    I think that you should try for the reversal anyways,I`m sure in this day of technology the odds are better.

Beans,Good Luck!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Rummy

It's not dumb, really, considering the circumstances you were in. In early christianity, before constantine, castration was an ideal that quite a few went for. Origen, one of the greatest theologians ever, was probably castratee. At least your situation has a chance of reversal. I used to feel so guilty about masturbation, that it crossed my mind a couple of times.

SS

• Rummy1
    Rummy1

Thanks for comments....very encouraging...I think I should talk to my doc.Venice yes it was before the WT changed their mind about vasectomies(1990)However it was still frowned upon and left to conscience.

On the subject,I read in a newspaper that vasectomies can lead to depression.This is true in my case;whether it's a physical/psychological thing I don't know but I often look at blokes my age with kids and wonder what if?Didn't know about the possibility of getting sperm out and storing it...I suppose they'd have to open up my testicle and catch the little critters!heh heh..
    Thanks again you've given me hope.
    Rummy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit