Yet another child a victim of sexual abuse in my JW family

by Lady Lee 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Yet another child a victim of Sexual Abuse in my family

What is it going to take before my Jehovah’s Witness mother realizes there is something seriously wrong with her? What is it going to take for anyone in the family to realize children are not safe in her car? Oh my mother isn’t the abuser. She is the enabler.

My mother has been married twice and in one common-law (c-l) marriage (she lived with and had a child with a man she was not married to). All three men had histories of sexually abusing children. My father sexually abused me. She abandoned me and left me in his care for 3 years. She knew he was perverted when it came to sex so why she didn’t think he might abuse me is beyond my ability to understand. When I reported my father to the police I was sent to live with my mother who was living with my sister’s father.

My mother knew her c-l husband had a history of sexually abusing his 3 daughters in his first marriage. She had just gotten custody of her younger sister who was 13 and now she had me (11 yrs old) and she had a daughter with him. Why she never thought he would abuse us is also beyond me to understand. And yes he abused all of us. By this time they were studying with the Witnesses – just studying. The elder was called in both times when she found out about that he was abusing my aunt and I. They recommended that she send us away to live somewhere else and kept him in the home and in the congregation. My sister was 2 at the time. Before she was 3 he started abusing her. This time he disappeared, so nothing was done about reporting him to the police.

How peculiar that when the Witnesses were not involved the police were called (in my case regarding my father). But when my mother was involved with the Witnesses she was told not to go to the police. The cover-ups began.

A few years later my mother married again. Shortly after the marriage she met one of her new husband’s daughters. They were not invited to the wedding, nor did they have any contact with him. She met them in a restaurant and she told my mother that her new husband had sexually abused her as a child. That is why none of his daughters. I think he had two and a son) had nothing to do with him. So here she was living with another sexual predator. And my sister was living in the home. It didn’t take long before my sister told my mother that he made advances toward her. She was able to fend him off and told my mother. Her response – kick the kid out of the house for making trouble simply because she didn’t like her new step-father.

Hello! What made her shut her eyes to the possibility he would try it again? He had a history of sexually abusing children! Sexual abusers do not change. Given the opportunity they will do it again.

I just found out that many years ago he sexually abused one of my cousins. She was 4 yrs old at the time. She never talked about it until she was an adult. She never told her parents or anyone else. She says it really messed her up for a long time before she got help. Both my mother and her parents are still Witnesses.

In my family there is such a massive blanket of silence about sexual abuse. They do acknowledge it happens. But their desire to do anything about it is nil. Pretend it didn’t happen. Forget about it. It won’t happen again. But it does happen again . . . and again . . . and again. In my large extended family there are over 100 victims of sexual abuse just on my mother’s side alone. No child is safe in my mother’s home.

I feel sick that it happened again. There were other children in her home over the years. How many others were abused there while visiting or while in her care? I felt sick when I found this out. Now I am angry and sick and oh so sad for that little girl and for all of us who were never safe under my mother’s roof.

SEXUAL ABUSERS DO NOT CHANGE. Even those who go into therapy rarely change. Certainly those who never get help or turned in to the police will never stop. Given the slightest opportunity they will re-offend.

Please. Please. Please. If you were sexually abused by someone never leave a child alone with them or in the home where they are.

• nugget
    nugget

I am so sorry sexual predators can rely on others to enable their behaviour. Your mother seems to attract these men and her denial allowed him to carry on victimising others. So much damage caused by this. My heart goes out to these poor girls.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thanks nugget

I saw this pattern amongst the mothers of many of my clients. The fathers did the abuse but the mothers closed their eyes and if not condoned certainly turned a blind eye to the possibility of it happening. And far too often the mother blames the child or even worse knew and did nothing.

The JWs are taught to keep silent which plays into the hands of abusers and tells the parents to keep the abuse silent.

I don't know if my mother ever told her brother about her husband's previous abuses towards his children and my sister. Her husband was not a JW. But she knew he had a history and did not make sure that any children brought into the home would be safe from him. But like always she closed her eyes to the very real possibility that he woiuld do it again.

I wish I could put a sign on her front door that says: BEWARE: This woman cannot protect children from the molesters in her home.

It is no small wonder to me that my mother feels so at home with the Witnesses. They reinforce the belief that she has that nothing should be done to child sexual abusers. Ignore it. Sweep it under the carpet. Hide it at all costs. And then pretend you are a wonderful JW who always does the right thing.

BTW this abuse very likely happened while my mother was having an affair with another man. And yes she was a JW at the time.

gawd I come from such a sick sick family

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

*shaking my head* I got no words other than I'm sorry for what you and the other kids in your family was put through. Its a damn shame.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I had no words last night either. I was just stunned. I felt like a knife went right through my heart.

5 children have been abused in her home. Two committed suicide, this cousin said she tried and I spent a lot of years thinking and obsessing about it.

Sexual abuse is far more damaging to a child than most people believe. And when we have no where to turn that is safe we feel abandoned.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Lady Lee!..

I once asked my JW mom why she did the Unscrupulous things she did..

Her reply..

"It gets me what I want"..

I would think it`s the same in your mom`s case..

JW`s want what they want..

Billions of People Slaughtered so they can live in Paradise?..

Sounds good to them..

No problem..

....................;-)...OUTLAW

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Thank you for being there hon.

• mind blown
    mind blown

I'm sorry to hear this Lady Lee

It will take just one or a few not to accept plea bargains and or gag orders!

Matthew 18:15-17 was talking about adults, not children, "if a brother has anything against you". Ephesians 4:14 "you are no longer children".

Jesus clearly sets rules for children protection. Matthew 18:10/Mark 9:42/Luke 17:2/Matthew 25:40/Psalm 127:3/Romans 13:1-14

Child molestation defined by law:

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Child+Molestation

Child molestation is a crime involving a range of indecent or sexual activities between an adult and a child, usually under the age of 14. In psychiatric terms, these acts are sometimes known as pedophilia. It is important, however, to keep in mind that child molestation and child Sexual Abuse refer to specific, legally defined actions. They do not necessarily imply that the perpetrator bears a particular psychological makeup or motive. For example, not all incidents of child molestation are perpetrated by pedophiles; sometimes the perpetrator has other motives for his or her actions and does not manifest an ongoing pattern of sexual attraction to children. Thus, not all child molestation is perpetrated by pedophiles, and not all pedophiles actually commit child molestation. Regardless of the terminology, it is illegal for an adult to touch any portion of a child's body with a "lewd and lascivious" intent. Usually, consent is not a matter of consideration, and is not available as a defense to a charge of child molestation. Even in cases where it can be proven that the minor victim was a willing participant, a sex act or improper touching is still a crime because children cannot legally consent to anything. Criminal penalties are severe for those convicted of child molestation.

• Violia
    Violia

I just found this- according to the author the real truth about jws sex offenders and how the wts deals with them. He fails to mention the extreme effort they go to protect the Org. including lying . Yeah the real truth... evil folks. Victims are silenced.

http://thirdwitness.com/childabuse/default.html

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Lady Lee, I cannot imagine the pain you and the other victoms in your family have suffered. I'm guessing the indifference/abondonment by your mother was actually worse than the actual sexual abuse in some some ways. A mother is someone a child expects to be there to love and nurture. I don't mean to offend you but it is clear your mothers own desires were first and foremost on her priority list. Even animals wil die trying to protect their young from preditors!

As a mother I can't wrap my mind around wanting a particular man more than you love your own child...........then repeating...........and repeating. IMHO she has serious pathology. You are a testament to the human spirt to have overcome your background. I hope you are finding satisfaction and happiness in your life now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit