A few things about The Peanuts that made me think

by keyser soze 21 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Just a few things I couldn't wrap my head around:

Why did Lucy keep pulling the ball away from Charlie Brown? Was she jealous of his relationship with the little red-haired girl, and sought to embarrass him, because she secretly lusted after him? Or was she just a bitch?

Why was the black kid never invited to any of the parties?

Was there more to the nature of the relationship between Peppermint Patty and Marcy then what we were told, a dynamic too taboo to be addressed in a child's comic strip?

Discuss.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Why did Lucy keep pulling the ball away from Charlie Brown? Was she jealous of his relationship with the little red-haired girl, and sought to embarrass him, because she secretly lusted after him? Or was she just a bitch?

She was obviously just a bitch. And, not just any bitch, she was the queen of bitches.

Why was the black kid never invited to any of the parties?

He lived too far away - on the other side of town.

Was there more to the nature of the relationship between Peppermint Patty and Marcy then what we were told, a dynamic too taboo to be addressed in a child's comic strip?

Yes, there was - and Peppermint Patty was the top dyke there.

Now - for my question: Did Charlie brown have an undiagnosed case of Aspergers Syndrome?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Question #1: Agreed, Lucy was an absolute bitch but the reason why she was that way was because she wanted Mr. Brown. Clearly he wasn't interested in her, thus the bitchiness.... ;(

Question #2: He was a black dude and an unimportant character. ;(

Question #3: Peppermint Patty was a TOTAL lesbian. You would have to be deaf, dunb, and blind not to see it. I'm sure lots of truth and dare kissing went on... :O

James Woods Question: Perhaps... Mr. Charlie Brown got addicted to meth in his later years, got tatoos, and is a real prick now. :(

Shamuskiechuck's Question: Did Snoopy and Woodstock drop extasy all the time? :O

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Was Franklin the black kid's name?

I think Peppermint Patty was bi. She had public feelings for Charlie Brown and secret feelings for Marcy.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Did Snoopy and Woodstock drop extasy all the time?

Clearly. All those times that Snoopy imagined himself doing battle with the Red Baron were nothing more than LSD-induced hallucinations.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Mrs. Jones,

Yes, his name was 'Franklin'. I dunno, it just bothers me..

Keyser,

I will never forget Snoopy and that little yellow bird dancing and getting all touch- feely with each other in a non-sexual way. Clearly it was inapropriate and shows clearly how awful extasy can really be. SAY NO TO DRUGS!.

Now what about that kid who played piano and Marcy? That was a strange relationship too. Why didn't he just tell Marcy to f*** ***?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think you meant to say Lucy.

In this day what Lucy kept doing to that boy would have been called sexual harassment.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Thanks, Mrs. Jones. It's been a while since I read the comic as it was never funny, ever and it took me till about I was six years old to figure out that it was just completely depressing.

Have you seen the Christmas special on television? It is so depressing I'm surprised kids don't kill themselves after watching it at the end. It is just dreadfully depressing!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think "The Great Pumpkin" is even more depressing. It just makes me feel sorry for crazy little Linus.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Think about it. Lucy wasn't really interested in CB other than to torment him for her own amusement. CB remained a nice kid.

Lucy really wanted Schroeder. He was out of her reach with his 'stupid' piano. He was more exciting and she couldn't have him.

Anyway, Schroeder gave classical piano away and bought a Moog synthesizer and travelled around doing pop covers at weddings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit