Awake! April 2012 - cover

by processor 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• processor
    processor

The cover is showing a happy family on a weekend trip. I corrected the title according to the Watchtower doctrine.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

What's wrong with this pic?

The husband: is too thin. Most married guys with kids have a pot belly by the time their kids are in their teens.

The wife: what woman wears a knee-length skirt on picnics?

Teenage boy: looks too happy. Should be depressed or emo, or both.

Teenage girl: also wearing a skirt. Is also too happy. Should be hunched over checking Twitter or facebook.

Young boy: Probably the only normal one in the whole bunch. Will figure out the JWs is a pile of crap in a couple of years and leave as soon as he can.

• nugget
    nugget

I have never taken a vase of flowers on a picnic. If the kids can't eat it I don't pack it. Nor have I felt the need to bring a cake stand.

• tornapart
    tornapart

And what's with the table cloth on a picnic bench?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Table cloths are often used on picnics because sometimes the state of the table may not be the cleanest. But I wouldn't use a light, dainty one like in the pic. It could easily be snagged and ruined.

• Tempered
  • Alfred
    Alfred

It looks like they're going to Field Circus and the kid in the blue t-shirt is happy that he doesn't have to go...

• Sulla
    Sulla

Also, I think they should have chosen a better tree to have branches in the foreground. Sweet Gum trees suck. Weeds, really.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Im curious, cause i refuse to actually look at the magazines, what is the real cover tittle?

And this is indeed the most culty stupid pic i can imagine.... First the clothes. Slacks and button shirts..... Not very relaxing but EXACTLY what brothers are required to wear at bethhell at all times. The "mother" clearly isnt a dubbie... She isnt ranting about lraising jehovah and shes smiling for god sake. None of that in my congrgation. And what is the message being conveyed by the youngest...? What in the world is he wearing? Its rather effeminate and dosent add up at ALL with the rest of the family.. Is he an unbaptised publisher and therefore dressed differently? Who vetted this picture? And why are the mom and the youngest showing body language that seperates them from the other three...? Look at her knees... Totally different direction, face staring off into the distance with a blank cult stare and Plastered on smile...

The org used to be good at visual cues... This picture is, my bias against the cult aside, a proffessional nightmare. Whoever took it should be sent home. Whoever approved and added it to the magazine cover should be ashamed and sent to pioneer in a third world country

• metatron
    metatron

Ever notice how the people often look autistic, like the mom and son? Vaguely staring off into space?

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit