God –v– religionists –v– atheists/agnostics –v– believers

by Fernando 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Yeah sorry to annoy you, its obviously a survey with satanic bias.... (snip) To you that may be confusing, to me it makes perfect sense.

Well.. that is a refreshingly pursuasive, well-reasoned argument. It didn't factor in the satanic bias!

Perhaps we can account for the satanic bias... say 5%, maybe 10% satan...?

- Lime

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL, we certainly don't follow the rules do we? I am an atheist that is way different from my brother. I might even be seen doing things that one would not expect from an atheist (attending a Unitarian Universalist Church) But that's the point. I don't care. Box me any way you like, try to guess my motives, try to tell me I'm not a real atheist---i just don't care. Cuz I don't have to follow the rules laid out by religion. I don't have to worry that my atheism (good point on it being a religious term) might be tainted by paganism, or unicorns, or even just emotion at times. I don't have to worry about some higher power breaking down my actions and weighing them. I simply do what pleases me---but usually not for the reasons an outsider might guess.

NC

• cyberjesus
  • glenster
    glenster

The questions of the first post should be posed better. A lawyer might call
    them leading questions.

Morals/ethics peculiar to the groups listed?

Religion/God of religion/grace--orthodox, conservative, liberal, progressive/
    reform?

Ethnocentrism--being 'centric isn't completely peculiar to or completely
    excluded from any major group (any group identified by belief, non-belief, age,
    race, gender, sexual orientation, income, nationality, etc.). Common human
    selfishness is unfortunately appropriately named.

Some cases of "unfamiliar" might need to be changed to "reject."

"they've just learned through logic and critical thinking that there's
    nothing, or nothing proveable, there to believe in to begin with."

That isn't necessarily a distinction either. That God isn't proven can be
    known by someone who understands their faith as such as well.

Faith in God concept equated with "Unicorns" known not to exist since not
    found in the proven things of the world: forced point. I recommend "How to
    Think About God" by Mortimer Adler and accepting or rejecting faith understood
    as such for a possible God beyond the known things while keeping up to speed
    about the known things and not being 'centric whichever your preference.

• Sulla
    Sulla

NC: I am an atheist that is way different from my brother. I might even be seen doing things that one would not expect from an atheist (attending a Unitarian Universalist Church)

Actually, I have always assumed the UUs were a church for atheists who like church.

By the way, the OP is pretty silly.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

That wouldn't be accurate Sulla, although it certainly holds true for some. The community is definitely appealing to me. That was the only thing I missed about being a JW.

NC

• NewChapter
  • bioflex
    bioflex

dude, your charts does not really make sense to me. What do you mean my religionist/believers?... and also about believers rejecting moralism?

• mP
    mP

the simple reason that demonstartes the bible is not from god is the cruelty in it.'laws like deu 22:28+ whereby a man can rapea virgin and then buy her show the true author. to think god would let local customs influemce his ideas about rape is weak, because godmanages to be strong against homosexuality but not lesbianism and is also against idolatry.

most of the 613 mitzvot laws are about priests. who they can marry,'shaving beards, how to'sacrifice, and lots of other similar concepts. the simple explaination for tjis is of course religion back then like now is about money and power. the preists condeme d other religions because they wanted an exclusive deal, they wanted all the money, power, free food -- sacrifices.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey bioflex!

Religionists, like the Watchtower and their followers, focus on practices and doctrinal beliefs. The aim is to be right with God. They fail in this since we cannot put ourselves right with God. We cannot earn, deserve or pay for a righteous standing with God, according to scripture. Matthew 24 is a good description of the outward self-righteousness and inner rottenness of religion and religionists (Pharisees).

Paul explains in scripture that if we desire to achieve and prove our own righteousness, nothing short of perfection will do - something no human can achieve. Therein the failing of setting up a moral code with the aim of proving that we deserve or have earned a right standing with God (moralism).

Believers (persons of faith) on the other hand accept the free gift of IMPUTED righteousness (justification), holiness (sanctification), perfection, sinlessness and sonship. This aspect of the gospel or "good news" is described in Romans 3 and 4. Religionists are specifically and deliberately blinded to this simple truth as per 2 Corinthians 4:4. An inner regeneration by Holy Spirit follows which actually and automatically makes it easier for the believer to live a more moral life.

This antithetical (exact opposite) distinction (of legalism versus Christian faith) was made in g79 6/8 pp. 27-28, most likely by Raymond Franz.

This is more than just of academic interest. Religionists are apostate (spiritual unfaithfulness, adultery, fornication, prostitution). Religionists are lying when they call dissenters or conscientious objectors apostates.

BTW the "god of religion" is Satan who transforms himself into an angel of light and is the ultimate sponsor of all Watchtower aberration. The "God of Abraham" is Yaweh/Jesus. They do not have any earthly organisation, but rather a direct relationship with each and any believer. They (unlike the Watchtower) do not call us to measure up or clean up, but to come as we are and be transformed from within on the journey. Religionists actively reject this call and hence cannot legally be transformed - hence all the Watchtower failures, abuses, deception and cover-ups.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit