The gun is the SHUN: the JW's who no longer believe but cannot leave!

by Terry 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Unfortunately and perhaps wrongly the disfellowshipping laws set up by the WTS. corporation is

going beyond what is written in the bible. I don't remember it being written that a person who

was behaving in a (evil) way had to go before two high priests to be judged if that person was

to be publicly announced of being shunned. Like wise I don't remember it stating that if a

person was repentant upon their actions that person was to be publicly announced of being

reinstated or unshuned as it were.

The bible simply stated that it wise to not associate with the wicked or evil one, which is still has

some redeemable value even today. In all practical terms if the person stopped behaving badly

(evil), then it would be assumed re-associating with that person could possibly resume.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It is definitely a form of bullying.

At some point we all have to decide if we want to be a victim.

The price is huge. But the benefits are "huger"!

I really do hope there is a God and that someday he'll hold the leaders of the WTBTS accountable for their actions.

00DAD

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS. is all about psychological manipulation, in their tactics of fear mongering exploitation.

There are indeed many facets to the corruption of this organization endeavored and designed by men for their own power and sustenance.

Thats religion folks take it or leave it.

• tornapart
    tornapart

If I could get out without losing all my family and friends I love I'd do it tomorrow.

If I went I'd get all the 'how can you leave Jehovah? Where else is there?' I'd be viewed as an apostate... not because I no longer love God or Jesus or the Bible... but because I can no longer believe in a man made organisation full of false prophecy and hypocricy. To them I'd be a different person.

The alternative is keep my family and friends by keeping up a pretense. Sit at meetings and slowly die inside because I'm being untrue to myself.

What a choice!!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

There are many people who've successfully left this religion by simply stating they don't longer believe in it any more and leave it like that, not making

a big opposing opposition to any other JWS, family or otherwise.

Its how you leave is the important factor.

Myself as an example.

Been gone for more than 30 years.

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

Everybody has to do what they think is best for them. This cult just tangles people's lives up into one big old mess, and they never look back at all the damage they cause, they just keep pushing ahead, busting up more and more families w/o a thought or a care for the lives they've impacted. I see this organization finally, very clearly for what it really is.

• Terry
    Terry

Living a fraudulent life or one of ostracism is an awful dilemma! No person in a free country should face such an ambivalent fork in the road of life!

Can you imagine Jesus shunning anybody? He did not shun Peter who denied him nor Judas who would betray him. He did not shun Pharisees who baited him or those "despicable" Samaritans who were apostate. Jesus is the only model worth considering if you are serious in embracing Christianity.

But, no--the Watchtower religion has a seemingly "higher" standard than the founder of Christianity itself!!

Or is it?

Is it "higher" or is it a distortion of the very purpose of Christianity?

Should we not ask ourselves what the purpose of Christianity actually is?

Doesn't the Good Shepherd LEAVE the faithful flock to pursue and embrace the apostate sheep who has left the fold?

The 99 are left behind as the Shepherd lovingly and with initiative seeks out and enfolds the 1 self-ostracized sheep!

100% are important to Jesus.

Jesus is INCLUSIVE. His message is FOR the weak.

Comfort is for those who do not measure up.

What good is forgiveness to those not allowed to fall short?

Look at the contrast with the Watchtower religion!

You are admonished to NOT EVEN PRAY FOR the stray sheep. You are to hate them, marginalize them as mental defectives and eagerly embrace their imminent destruction!

How could an actual, bona fide footstep follower of the Good Shepherd Jesus be so contrary in disposition to their supposed Master??

The only feasible and rational explanation is that, by their actions, the leadership of Jehovah's Witnesses have proved they are not the "faithful" slave, but rather, are the "evil slave" who beat up those under their oversight!

Jehovah's Witnesses are all too eager to pull the trigger on dissent and worship as a death cult. Dead men's bones are their joy.

Kingdom halls become museums to shackled, pretend saints rather than hospitals for needy sinners.

• JWB
    JWB

Good points Terry. As we know there was a world of difference between the character of 'spirit of the law' Jesus and the character of the 'letter of the law' Pharisees. I wonder how those opposers of his would have responded to these words:

"You heard that it was said, 'You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44 However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those persecuting you; 45 that you may prove yourselves sons of your Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. 46 For if you love those loving you, what reward do you have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? 47 And if you greet your brothers only, what extraordinary thing are you doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing? 48 You must accordingly be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:43-48; NWT)

• sd-7
    sd-7

This is hilarious, it just lends to so much humor. I mean, I can almost see a new 'Beast-Tower' article just on this subject.

But then, my family got on my nerves so much that it really didn't bother me much at all for them to shun me. I mean, once I found out it was all a lie, there really wasn't any thought given to losing family. I just wanted to get away from them. Besides, I needed to get out on my own anyway by then; could've been kicked out unprepared if I hadn't hurried up and got out of there.

It's also sad, though--just thinking of how psychological intimidation was so obviously in play. I mean, I was like King of Naivete, but even to me it was obvious that intimidation was more important than love, and obedience more important than anything else. Loyalty! Unity! Organization! Sounds like a Communist propaganda poster...but that's how it is, eh?

--sd-7

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS. organization only wants members who make the organization shine with purity and wholesome righteousness.

Thats mostly the reason for casting out sinners, its a form of image control presented outwardly to the public.

I've heard many JWS boast about their DF policy and how this endeavor keeps the organization and congregations truly clean.

Since this organization was started on platform of fraudulent pretentiousness , is it really that surprising that it would have in place

a set up shunning policy upon dissenters and opposers. ???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit