***AN EXPERIENCE !!! ***

by zev 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• zev
    zev

today, a coworker finished reading my d.a. letter i have prepared, but not sent yet.

part of my recovery from the damaged caused from membership in the cult has been to be open and honest as to who i am, was and what i was involved in.

so i gave him the letter to read, and he gave it back today, two weeks later, and said:

"i told my wife, if they ever come knocking at our door, tell them to leave, and if they won't, call the police". she said, "i don't know if i can do that".
    he said, "call me and i'll come from work and do it myself then".

now that was an unexpected pleasure of an experience, nothing like i had in 40 years as a drone.

-Zev
    Learn about the Wtbts and the U.N.
    ** http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69 **

• mindfield
    mindfield

Aaah, yes, nothing like preaching the "truth" to fellow co-workers!

Well done!

• Simon
    Simon

I must admit that it's always been a bit of an embarrassment to 'own up' to being brought up as a JW but I've been getting better at it lately and have opened up more to a few co-workers too. Most are quite interested in it but are amazed at some of the practices (they can't believe that you are shunned by all your friends and family)

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

So many people this cult/religion is just a quirky strange group of people. And although many JW's are just that, there is so much more to the belief system. Outsiders rarely see how damaging JW thinking/lifestyle can be. I've done everything I can to warn my friends and family about the dangers of this cult as well as others...without sounding like a raging ex.

Andi

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

nice job zev! i have found that when i'm open about my past growing up as a jw always leads to interesting conversations. here at work, the girl i started with has a friend who is married to an inactive yet still believing jw and get this, my boss is a jw!

glad you are able to open up to coworkers and friends about your jw experience. i think it is facsinating (okay that might be too strong of a word here but ya know what i mean) to outsiders because they can't believe that those seemingly harmless kinda weird "jehovah's" people behave like they do behind closed doors.

hugs zev!

love
    harmony

• zugzzwan
    zugzzwan

I think it would be interesting for you to post your letter! But I have to ask this question........why even bother to write such a letter? Why not just walk away and let it go? I mean ask your self....if you had subscribed to a C.D. mail order company and you decided that you no longer wanted thier services wouldn't you just stop taking them? Would really take the time to sit down and write them a letter explaining your reason for no longer wanting thier service?
    Look.....be real about it they are a bunch of nuts! Anybody who gets involved is brainwashed and motivated by guilt, regardless how much they say that thier service is motivated by love for Jehovah. Man just let it go be happy you got away with your sanity. I think that anybody who once was involved with them and now has come to thier senses and decided to become normal but feel it necessary to write a letter is really dealing with further guilt.
    Face it....why do you think they want you to write the letter? The reason is because it gives you an opportunity to write it down and get it out of your system. The rational is that by the time you will have slowed down put it in writing on paper you will have cooled off or come to your senses and changed your mind.
    In all fairness though if your personality is such that you will have problems in the future ordering them off your property or hanging the phone up on them or....."GASP" even telling them to thier face that you don't ever want them to call you again then yes the letter will take that pressure off of you.
    But that is just my opinion. You gotta do what's best for you.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Cool Zev!

NONE of my friends can believe what JWs are really like. My best pal Misti (yes, she's blond, yes she's attractive, no she's not a bimbo!) was absolutely blown away by the whole shunning issue. And I like to think that our friendship makes it very unlikely she would ever accept literature from dubs at her door.

Intereting thing tho...no matter how close I am to my 'worldly' friends, they just cannot comprehend the JW experience. Only people who have been through it, or a close approximation, can understand imo.

Dana

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Dana,

I've often said the same thing. I think that I will have to date an ex (apostate) so they understand.

The shunning is the thing that most can't understand.

Simon, I suffered the embarrassment for years about being a dumb dub but now I just come right out with it and let the jokes fly.

Slipnslidemaster: "Facts are the enemy of truth."

- Don Quixote

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Slip!!

Why would you want to date an ex-apostate??!!! Don't you know that apostates are where it's at man! We're happenin, dude! We're...oh..you meant an exjw who is now an apostate? Oops

Dana

• TheStar
    TheStar

Zev,

Could I read your DA letter sometime? :)

And another thing. Since I'm still considered "active" when I openly explain to my co-workers what I'm going through and witness to them about NOT being a JW, can I count that as time out in field service? ;P (You know I'm just kidding).

I'd really like to read your DA letter though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit