Oh those naughty Pharisees - thankfully we're nothing like those buggers...

by poopsiecakes 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

...or so the latest WT claims. (May 15th pages 28-30)
    It truly blows my mind that they can be this clueless about thier own pharisaical bent.

My favorite bit:

"The Mosaic Law furnished the overall structure for Israel’s worship of Jehovah. However, minute details were not provided. For instance, the Law forbade work on the Sabbath, but it did not explicitly define what constituted work and what did not...The Pharisees sought to fill in such supposed gaps by means of their laws, definitions, and traditions."

and further down under Questions for Meditation...

"Do I seek to lay down arbitrary, inflexible rules or to turn my personal opinions into law? Am I reasonable in what I expect of others?"

ummmmm pot kettle anyone? Is there any aspect of life for JW's that is NOT regulated by the WT? Bueller? Bueller?

• undercover
    undercover

I hope the law does not forbid poking on the Sabbath, or any other day...

*pokes* Poopsie

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Hey there!

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

and what about telling the members not to speculate.... then that's all they do... Who's going to die in the big A.. who will and won't be resurected..

i always thought that was BS too..

TT

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

or telling their members that using a condom is OK, but don't you dare tie your tubes!

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Total BS, Taterdoll.

And the conclusion of the article poses this question:

"Reflect on the contrast between Jesus’ teaching and that of the Pharisees. Do you see ways in which you could improve? If so, why not resolve to do so?"

How about calling on the GB being resolved to improve on letting men grow beards if they want to or women wearing trousers to the KH or using a recording device at a committee meeting? (I could go on and on because the rules are plenty and diverse)

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Notice what one US Supreme Court Justice said regarding Jehovah's Witnesses and their rules:

"The Witnesses … have developed an elaborate set of rules governing membership." - US Supreme Court, Paul v WTBTS of NY, Inc.

Imagine that, a US Supreme Court Justice thinks the WT rules are "elaborate"!

The folks in the Writing Department and the GB all need to go take a good long look in the mirror! Unbelievable!

Matthew 7:1-5:

1 “Stop judging that YOU may not be judged; 2 for with what judgment YOU are judging, YOU will be judged; and with the measure that YOU are measuring out, they will measure out to YOU . 3 Why, then, do you look at the straw in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the rafter in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Allow me to extract the straw from your eye’; when, look! a rafter is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First extract the rafter from your own eye, and then you will see clearly how to extract the straw from your brother’s eye.

There are none so blind as those that will not see! - John Heywood, 1546

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Another good one, Cheech!

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Too right, 00Daddio. Somewhere on a thread around here I compiled a (probably incomplete) list of all of the rules, whether written or implied and it's frightening when you see them all in a row...yeesh how did I ever not see that this was a cult for so long?

• N.drew
    N.drew

I got the feeling while reading the publications of WTBTS that they were passing on the info that was FOR THEM to us and I thought "why do they not listen to it first?".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit