2012 Memorial Invitation PDF!!!!

by yknot 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Why would Jesus have grey hair?

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@leavingwt: According to the WTBTS interpretation of Revelation, they say he is the dude with the hair as white as snow/wool. Off course they completely miss the point that Revelation was a communique about Nero or some other Roman Emperor but that's besides the point.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Anony Mous: Yes, you are correct. I had forgotten about that Scripture.

• baltar447
    baltar447

ROFL! AWESOME catch Sir82!

They truly have completely lost their shit!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Another invitation to try to increase the number of memorial attendees. Then the WTS can tell the flock to preach more, because of all the potential witnesses that came to the memorial.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

leavingwt > Why would Jesus have grey hair?

If you had to wait close to a hundred years as reigning King before you start ruling, wouldn't the worries whether or not you ever going to get the 'go ahead' to start ruling over the earth, also make you turn gray-headed?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Why invite those who love Jesus when they will be expected to ignore his kind invitation to all to drink and eat, and if such people attend the meetings for the rest of the year, they will hardly hear a mention of Jesus?

Also why does that invitation scream "weird cult" at me? I am sure if I said that to JW's they would say I am being "needlessly critical", but it does !

It also makes me feel a lickle bit sicky.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Random Bible trivia tidbit...

Jesus has white hair in Revelation because the passage is exegetical of the throne vision in ch. 7 of Daniel, and the author of Revelation attributes to Jesus features that originally belonged to the Ancient of Days in the source. It is thought this was due to a copyist error in the OG LXX, with hòs "as" replacing an original heòs "unto" (i.e. "He [the one like a son of man] came unto the Ancient of Days" vs. "He came as the Ancient of Days").

I return you to your regularly scheduled programming....

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

I had to adjust it to fit reality . . .

3M

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Undercover

I'm actually giddy about what the number of partakers might be this year

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit